1. There’s a ton to be excited about going into 2013.
2. Alfred Morris had 1,613 yards and 13 touchdowns as a rookie. He’s going to be one of the best running backs in the NFC this year.
3. And he’s running behind Trent Williams, who was a rock at left tackle last season.
4. There’s lots of talent at receiver. Pierre Garçon and Leonard Hankerson are home run threats.
5. Plus, there’s still Santana Moss, now entering his ninth season in D.C. He’s got 45 TDs in his Redskins career. Even at age 34, he’s still a dynamic receiver.
6. Fred Davis is no Chris Cooley, but now that he’s healthy again, he’s primed for a big 2013.
7. The defense has talent, too. Ryan Kerrigan and his 8.5 sacks in 2012? He’s BACK.
8. Brian Orakpo? He is SO VERY BACK.
9. Young studs in the secondary? Meet David Amerson and Bacarri Rambo.
10. And veteran leadership? There’s plenty of it. London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall are holding it down on defense.
11. For the first time since the Chip Lohmiller days, the Skins have a reliable kicker. Kai Forbath went 17 for 18 last year, including 12 for 12 from 40+.
12. Plus, don’t forget about the coaching staff. Mike Shanahan, would you like to show us those Super Bowl rings of yours?
13. There’s so much to be excited about in 2013. This was a playoff team in 2012, and they’re ready for the next step this season. Hail to the Redskins!
- Tens of thousands of people are gathered for the Women's March On Washington, and marches are being held worldwide in solidarity.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸