1. With the eyes of the world — and the expectations of a nation — upon them, Brazil fell behind 1-0 in the 11th minute against Croatia thanks to an own goal.
It was defender Marcelo with the gaffe.
2. Twitter and Vine had a lot to say about this:
14. But Neymar responded with the tying goal a few minutes later, so all of Brazil can breathe easy.
For more reactions, check out #owngoal on Twitter.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘