1. With the eyes of the world — and the expectations of a nation — upon them, Brazil fell behind 1-0 in the 11th minute against Croatia thanks to an own goal.
It was defender Marcelo with the gaffe.
2. Twitter and Vine had a lot to say about this:
14. But Neymar responded with the tying goal a few minutes later, so all of Brazil can breathe easy.
For more reactions, check out #owngoal on Twitter.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.