1. With the eyes of the world — and the expectations of a nation — upon them, Brazil fell behind 1-0 in the 11th minute against Croatia thanks to an own goal.
It was defender Marcelo with the gaffe.
2. Twitter and Vine had a lot to say about this:
14. But Neymar responded with the tying goal a few minutes later, so all of Brazil can breathe easy.
For more reactions, check out #owngoal on Twitter.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎