1. When the light came up over the Hudson, and she was there.
2. When she was proud.
5. And she was all like:
6. Because this was a moment for America.
7. And she was Lady Freaking Liberty.
8. And right then, you knew: This lady wasn’t messing around. You thought you could come in here with that attitude? Oh, HELL NO.
9. This was her land, and her time.
10. You do not mess with her on a day like this. You got that straight?
11. There was that time she gave you the side eye.
13. And that shade came with a side of stars and stripes. DAMN RIGHT, haters.
14. She did not back down from that moment. You though you knew divas because you watched a little Bravo? Oh, HELL NO.
16. They flew jets right over her head. BIG ASS FIGHTER JETS. And she didn’t even budge.
17. They tried to stick a space shuttle in her path. She didn’t even give it the time of day. It wasn’t worthy.
18. You want to come in her house? GTFO.
19. LOOK AT HER. Her eyes were fierce.
20. Her crown made mere mortals quiver.
21. Her right arm was HUGE. You think you’re getting toned in that pilates class? Try holding up a damn torch for 127 years. THAT will get you jacked.
22. And anytime someone tried to bring some sass, she just gave this look. Haters, BACK OFF: She’s the force that powers this land.
24. She would not be moved.
25. She would NOT put up with any of your shit.
27. She was justice.
28. And you do not mess with a woman as fierce as this.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.