1. San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich and TNT sideline reporter Craig Sager have had some really strange in-game interviews over the years.
2. They’ve been filled with three-word answers.
3. And a general sense of incredulousness from Popovich during nearly every interview.
4. Sometimes, words just can’t explain how strange these in-game interviews have gotten.
5. But Sager isn’t working the playoffs this year — he’s battling leukemia.
In a statement announcing his fight, Sager mentioned his legendary interviews with the San Antonio coach: “Too bad, I had some probing questions for Pop.”
6. At the start of the fourth quarter of Game 1 of the Spurs-Mavericks series, Popovich was interviewed by Sager’s son, Craig Sager, Jr. And Popovich’s answers were unusually friendly — and touching.
7. Popovich even had a message for the elder Sager:
8. Well said, Pop.
- Republican and Democratic senators have demanded inquiry into Russian election interference in a joint statement released Sunday.
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.