1. In the 62nd minute of his team’s match against England, Uruguayan defender Álvaro Pereira took an accidental knee to the head from Raheem Sterling.
4. Pereira remained motionless on the ground for about a minute after the collision.
5. When he eventually got to his feet, doctors attempted to call for a substitution, but Pereira overruled them.
6. Many on Twitter immediately criticized doctors for allowing Pereira to continue playing after he appeared to suffer a concussion.
10. In Spanish, some started using the hashtag #loshuevosdepereira — “the balls of Pereira” — to praise the Uruguayan player for his toughness.
11. “The guy got up and asked not to be substituted out.”
12. “The guy PASSED OUT and preferred GOING BACK TO THE GAME. Hospitals or World Cup? Álvaro Pereira can answer.”
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎