FIFA has charged Luis Suárez for biting Italy defender Girogio Chiellini during the World Cup.
On Wednesday, FIFA announced a disciplinary committee had opened an investigation against the Uruguay player.
If Suarez is found to have been assaulting an opponent, he would be punished with a ban of at least two matches up to a maximum of 24 months.
2. Luis Suárez appeared to bite Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini in the 80th minute of the final group stage match for both teams.
3. Chiellini came up showing off the apparent bite marks on his left shoulder.
5. Other angles appear to more clearly show the marks.
6. Suárez came up holding his teeth after the play.
8. After the game, Chiellini had harsh words for FIFA.
9. Twitter users responded about the way you’d expect — with a mix of vampire jokes and photoshopped images.
17. Then the brands starting chiming in.
That translates to, “Hi, Luis Suárez, if you’re still hungry, come take a bite of a Big Mac.”
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, is saying at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing his use of offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current US tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸