1. “Before I landed in Pyongyang, I didn’t know Kim Jong-un from Lil’ Kim.”
That line seems a little rehearsed, actually.
2. “All I know is Kim told me he doesn’t want to go to war with America. His whole deal is to talk basketball with Obama.”
3. “I’ve called on the Supreme Leader to do me a solid by releasing Kenneth Bae.”
Bae is an American who’s serving 15 years in an North Korean prison. Probably the first time the words “do me a solid” and “Supreme Leader” have appeared in the same sentence.
4. “My mission is to break the ice between hostile countries. Why it’s been left to me to smooth things over, I don’t know. Dennis Rodman, of all people. Keeping us safe is really not my job; it’s the black guy’s job.”
The black guy, in this case, is President Obama.
5. “If I don’t finish in the top three for the next Nobel Peace Prize, something’s seriously wrong.”
Yup, this guy.
6. “I’m just gonna chill, play some basketball and maybe go on vacation with Kim and his family.”
Oh, yeah, he’s going back to North Korea this August to vacation. Pyongyang is supposed to be lovely that time of year. That Rodman, so wacky!
- At least 41 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- Brexit fallout: Leaders of the remaining European Union states will call for the UK's withdrawal to happen in an "orderly fashion" and quickly.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸