This weekend hundreds of investors, analysts, and reporters flocked to Omaha, Nebraska for the lovefest known and the Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholder meeting. The meeting is more a forum for acolytes to worship at the alter of Warren Buffett, whose $53.5 billion net worth ranks him fourth on Forbes billionaire list, than anything else. Not that Buffett doesn’t deserve the worship — on Friday ahead of the meeting Berkshire Hathaway reported a 51 percent increase in first quarter profit to $4.9 billion, or $2,977 per share.
Indeed, the Buffett idolatry among investors rivals that of religious deities. And like all good idols, Buffett has parlayed his hero worship into a line of merchandise. Here’s 15 items that were for sale in Omaha this weekend featuring the face of the 82-year-old billionaire.
1. Warren Buffett boxers
Also featuring the face of Charlie Munger, Berkshire Hathaway’s Vice Chairman. $5.
3. Warren Buffett M&Ms
4. Warren Buffett coloring shirt
Also featuring Charlie. For kids to color on. $14.
5. Warren Buffett running shoes
With Warren on the insole. $110.
6. Warren Buffett running hat
7. Warren Buffett socks
Also featuring Charlie and currency symbols. $17.50 or $19.50.
8. Warren Buffett playing cards
He’s the King. $10.
9. Warren Buffett chocolates
10. Warren Buffett commemorative coin
Made of 24k gold. $890.
11. Warren Buffett “Oracle” shirt
For the person who loves Warren AND Omaha. $10.
12. Warren Buffett gloves
For ladies. $30.
13. Warren Buffett boots
Warren’s on the box. The boots commemorate the shareholder’s meeting. $425.
14. Warren Buffett train shirt
With Charlie also riding the rails. $10.
15. Warren Buffett books
Pretty much anything every written by Warren. Most available for between $14 and $25.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝