1. These are the gentlemen of the Creighton Bluejays, and they’re about to become your favorite team in all of March Madness.
2. What’s that? You’ve already got a favorite team? Think again.
3. Does your favorite team feature a 3-point shooter like Ethan Wragge, who is shooting an absurd 49% from 3 this year ALL WHILE MAINTAINING THIS BEARD?
6. And when it comes to offense, there isn’t a team in the land better than Creighton.
7. Want some numbers? They’re No. 1 in offensive efficiency, per KenPom.com. No. 1 in effective field goal percentage. No. 1 in 3-point shooting percentage.
(They’re No. 9 in 2-point shooting percentage, probably to remind America that they’re only human.)
9. Now feast your eyes on this man for a moment. His name is Doug McDermott. He might be the best college basketball player in America.
10. Oh, does the best player on your favorite team average 26 points a night and shoot 44% from deep?
Because McDermott does. Also, the last men’s college player to average more than 26 points per game? Jimmer Fredette.
11. Do you know what Creighton did to Villanova? They took a top 10 team and made them look like a JV squad.
Villanova’s only lost three times this year: once to Syracuse, and twice to Creighton. In those two games, Creighton shot a combined 30-50 from 3 and scored 197 points. Which is good.
13. Wouldn’t you want to root for a team that’s got experience?
Hello, four senior starters.
14. Wouldn’t you want to root for a team that features a Disney movie-ready father-son storyline?
That’s Greg McDermott, father/head coach, at right, and Doug, son/star player.
15. Wouldn’t you want to root for a team where even the managers have skills?
17. Get on board, America. This is your new favorite team.
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.