1. The video begins with Lily on the operating table, being put back together as a pop star after her years away.
“Letterman says no,” frowns the record label guy. “How about Kimmel?” asks Lily before exclaiming, “I’ve had two babies!” when she’s accused of letting herself go.
2. But as the song begins, it’s clear that she is back with things to say.
As Lily outlines her manifesto upon returning, she says in no uncertain terms, “no need to shake my arse for you because I’ve got a brain.”
3. She then throws off her scrubs and morphs back into a fabulous pop star.
4. As the song explodes into a classically Lily electro-ska-pop riot.
And its message is on its sleeve, “it’s hard out here for a bitch.”
5. She then uses all of her satirical prowess to skewer the objectification of women in pop music.
6. She does address this actually: “If you can’t detect the sarcasm you’ve misunderstood.”
The other key lyric from the song: “Inequality promised us it’s here to stay / Always trust the injustice it’s not going away.”
7. We should repeat, it really is a very good song.
8. She then licks a banana suggestively, taking the piss out of Miley et al with her sarcasm further.
9. And further.
10. Incredibly, she then dances across a row of balloons that spell out “Lily Allen Has A Baggy Pussy”.
11. Welcome back, Lily.
Let the broadsheet columns about whether this is smart satire or opportunistic collusion commence.