We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A minimalist pet portrait if they're the type of person who has made their pet their entire personality. That said, they like to keep their space ~aesthetic~ so a line or color block portrait is just the ticket.
Here's what our colleague Abby Kass has to say:
"I fell in love with these posters three years ago and actually got one two years ago. It arrived SO fast after I placed the order, like in days. And the style is so simple yet chic. I customized the breed, design, and color, but you can also change the orientation and add text (it's super easy to do after you click on the link. They have all the options there to pick from). I did it based on my English Lab who sadly passed. It's a nice reminder that she's always going to be part of the family."
Shipping info: Shipping is free and orders should arrive in 3–5 business days. See their full shipping policy here.
Get it from Animalist for $71+ (available in three sizes).
2. A bottle of Truff Hot Sauce to remind them how hot they are 😉 Plus, it's an easy addition to any meal that'll make it feel like a gourmet affair — even if they're just sitting in front of the TV.
3. Or a 10-pack of season 19 Hot Ones sauces with everything from The Classic to The Last Dab if 1) They freaking love hot sauce, and 2) Sean's interview with Viola Davis — specifically — plays on an infinite loop in their head.
Included sauces: The Classic (1,600 Scoville Heat Units), Tropiquante (4,000 SHU), Piko Riko (15,500 SHU), Los Calientes Barbacoa (33,000 SHU), Sichuan Gold (46,000 SHU), Turmeric Bomb (69,000 SHU), Cosmic Disco (103,000 SHU), Evolution Hot Sauce (135,000 SHU), Unique Garlique (642,000 SHU), The Last Dab (SHU TBA).
Promising review: "Absolutely amazing assortment and amazing taste, about to do the Hot Ones challenge with all of my friends soon and honestly so so so excited… Every flavor I’ve tried so far is actually so amazing and tastes so good. 10/10 — 100% recommend to everyone." —Cameron S.
Shipping info: Free shipping US orders $60+. See Heatonist's full shipping policy here.
4. A deceivingly affordable faux-fur throw they can cuddle up underneath when the world is just too much to bear. (Recently, this seems to be every day.)
5. A good ol' game of Cat-Opoly for the board game nerd who's also o.b.s.e.s.s.e.d. with their cat. The game works like classic Monopoly except properties are out and rare breeds (see: Abyssinians, Tonkineses, and Turkish Vans) are in.
6. A Happy Box custom care package that'll allow you to pick a box design and gifts (think: candles, socks, cocktail syrups, face masks, and more) all without leaving your couch. And the pièce de résistance? You can include a personalized note that Happy Box will handwrite on your choice of card!
7. A pair of Ugg Fluff Yeah slippers to treat their toes to some of the coziest cushioning on Earth.
8. A jumbo Toblerone filled with NINE POUNDS of chocolatey delight for a sweet treat that still feels like an out-of-the-box surprise.
9. Or — if chocolate isn't their thing — a candy tackle box including everything the sour gummy lover in your life could want. Bears, belts, worms, and a whole lot more!
10. An admittedly cheesy but still really cute novelty tee emblazoned with everyone's favorite Jedi master and a sweet little love note.
11. A MeUndies multi-pack so they can get high-quality, comfortable underwear (or socks!) with make-them-smile prints they'll look forward to slipping into every day.
12. A jerky-filled heart box for the curious taste tester so they can enjoy a savory sampling of beef in eye-popping flavors like ghost pepper, root beer, and honey bourbon.
13. A luxe origami tote if the only thing you both love more than hanging out together is ~traveling~ together. The versatile bag is crafted from shock-absorbent neoprene and it features a convertible trolley sleeve (so it can be attached to a rolling suitcase), a removable crossbody strap, and a detachable water bottle pocket.
14. Or a hybrid garment duffel bag because your favorite jetsetter doesn't have time to waste on the hotel iron and wrinkly clothes. This TSA-friendly bag has space for a hanging suit and a couple of dress shirts, then folds up into a duffel with space for a weekend trip's worth of folded clothes — plus shoes!
Promising review: "The Halfday garment bag is great for traveling for work. I use it each week and it helps me avoid the hassle of having to iron everything after arriving at the hotel." —Adam O.
Shipping info: Free shipping. Expedited 2–3 day shipping options are available at additional cost.
Get it from Halfday for $98 (available in blue or green).
15. A marble cheese slicer to level up your weekly charcuterie board dates even if your Two-Buck Chuck isn't going anywhere fast.
16. A vintage motel-inspired Nelson Road Stadium keychain if Ted Lasso helped you both bond over sports fandom...ignoring that their beloved Greyhounds are fictional.
17. An ~aesthetic~ conversation-starting card deck that doubles as a romantic night-in activity that'll help you get to know each other a little better by cutting through the boring small talk and skipping straight to the deep, real talk.
Actually Curious is a Black-owned small biz selling a tight assortment of conversation game decks to encourage meaningful dialogue and spread empathy.
Promising review: "This is an absolutely amazing game to play with family and friends! We have been playing it every night during quarantine at dinner and it’s brought our whole family closer and we’ve learned so much about each other! We’re buying 10 decks to give out as gifts!!" —Carrie H
18. A matte disposable camera so you can take a bunch of silly photos together and then — while they're being developed at a local CVS — wait a suspenseful week to see if you nailed your shots or overexposed everything.
19. A gift card for a Sips by subscription box filled with premium teas, personalized to match their taste preferences. Every month, they'll get sent everything they need to steep and sip their way to serenity.
20. A Book of the Month subscription that'll send them a hardcover book of their choice every month. It takes the scary guesswork out of offering book recs and gets more great titles on their shelves for less $$$.
21. A DIY adventure book so you two can walk down memory lane with a photo album just like the one Carl and Ellie made together in Up before Pixar tugged (mercilessly) at our heartstrings.
22. A plush donut pillow sure to win over any sweet-obsessed friends. If strawberry isn't their favorite, donut worry — it also comes in chocolate.
23. An easy-to-learn board game that will have you tuning in to each other's mental ~wavelengths~ and getting to know each other a little better with every round!
24. The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook with 150 different recipes that incorporate ~delish~ ingredients from the World's Best Grocery Store™ if they simply love TJ's and cooking together.
Promising review: "For Trader Joe's lovers everywhere, this is a fantastic cookbook! It is filled with hints and tips, shopping guidelines, nicely organized recipe categories, and beautiful mouthwatering pictures. I love how the recipes are noted if they are gluten-free or vegetarian, etc. I ❤ Trader Joe's and I ❤ this cookbook!" —Love My Bookish Life
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
25. Or a write-your-own cookbook for the Chrissy Teigen in your life. It has space for 80 recipes as well as handy recipe card templates, conversion tables, and room for photos so they can embrace their inner scrapbooker.
27. A vintage Kate Spade kettle caffeine drinkers are sure to adore. If they have a thing for matching sets, you can also get accent plates, mugs, trays and more in the same darling design.
28. A Framebridge gift card so they can finally frame their favorite photos — including that embarrassing one of the two of you where they're absolutely glowing but your eyes are only half open.
29. A pair of lightsaber chopsticks for an out-of-this-world mealtime experience any Star Wars fan will love! A set comes with two pairs, so any food battles you two have can be settled the Jedi way.
30. A modern canvas that just looks like a bunch of lines, but is actually their favorite film — as represented by a chronological color strip from every scene. This here is Good Will Hunting.
31. A United Sodas of America gift card so your loved one can purchase a variety pack of the delish (and also highly Instagrammable) cans.
32. An air-purifying money tree that arrives pre-potted in a stylish planter, is easy to care for (just water once a week!), and is said to bring prosperity and good luck to its owners — the best gift of all!
33. A year-long subscription to Stitcher Premium so they can finally catch up on the podcast you've been telling them about for months. Nothing says happy V-day like access to thousands of hours of true crime podcasts, right?
34. A pair of fuzzy mittens if they're the type who refuses to stop getting iced coffee even when it's only 10 degrees out. Help them protect their skin mitts with these faux-fur mitts and they'll be good to go, bb!
35. And a matching bucket hat to go with those mittens should they be all in on Gen Z style at the moment.
36. An affordable (and personalized!) Papier planner that'll help them feel like they have their life together even if they're adding in events like "don't forget to eat the asparagus you bought last week!!!!"
Shipping info: Economy (7 business days after dispatch), Standard (3 business days after dispatch), Priority (2 business days after dispatch), and Overnight (1 business day after dispatch) shipping options are available at checkout. See Papier's full shipping policy here.