28 Things To Upgrade Your "Temporary" Work Station To A Legit Home Office
Your back will thank you.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A cascading wall organizer with six removable folders if your WFH station is drowning in papers that you're very scared you're going to lose.
3. A desktop whiteboard designed to fit comfortably between a keyboard and a monitor where you can write out all your absolutely-cannot-forget reminders instead of hunting down that sticky note from this morning's meeting.
4. A slim laptop stand for raising your laptop closer to eye level, naturally forcing you to sit up straighter and prevent painful hunching.
5. A sleek mug warmer so you can actually sit through your meetings instead of making constant trips to the microwave to keep your coffee at juuuust the right temperature.
6. A hilarious "You're on mute" mug because Mike just never remembers to turn on his mic, and it's about time you come up with a system to let him know when only the cat can hear his Excel presentation.
7. A pack of adhesive cable clips if you're tired of crawling under your desk yet again to fetch fallen charging cords.
8. And an adhesive monitor clip that can hold up to 30 sheets of paper, making data entry and note taking a breeze while clearing up loads of desk space.
9. A discreet webcam slide cover that fits on almost any device to ensure your privacy and the peace of mind that you're not being spied on — through your camera, anyway.
10. A colorful wireless keyboard and mouse set for adding some joy-inducing color to your workspace without any bothersome cords to tie you down.
11. This super cool faux book display made out of reclaimed materials that's sneakily hollowed out so you can transform rather-ignore eyesores into look-I-read decor.
12. A mesh metal multi-drawer monitor stand with plenty of space to stash office supplies because your monitor is already hogging 75% of your desk's real estate space, might as well get a riser that can pick up the slack.
13. An adjustable phone stand to keep your workplace right-hand man (your phone) at your desk and by your side — plugged-in, charging, and ready for action!
14. Or an adhesive under-desk phone holder for upping your productivity by keeping your phone out of sight and hopefully out of mind without worrying that you might miss a call.
15. An ultra-thin socket cover with an attached power strip so you can actually push your desk up against the wall instead of dealing with that awkward gap caused by the bulky plug for your powerstrip.
16. Plus, a set of zippered cable sleeves because the mess of cords under your desk makes it feel like you're sending your feet into a den of snakes every time you sit down.
17. A lemon-scented cleaning gel if you haven't cleaned your keyboard since...well, ever, and it's covered in over a year's worth of stuck lunch crumbs and dust you'd rather not live with for another year.
18. A memory foam lumbar pillow you can strap on to just about any chair to help alleviate back pain and improve posture. Side effects may include your mom not telling you to "Stand up straight!" next time you see her.
19. A plug-in Wi-Fi extender that'll eliminate internet dead zones and put an end to the constant housemate battle for conference room space (aka the living room) with a signal strong enough to handle a video call.
20. A set of window cat suncatcher stickers so you can bask in sunny rainbows even if you're stuck inside working. Who can't help but smile at a rainbow!?
21. An adjustable standing desk converter for transforming any table or desk into an ergonomic workstation. Sit, stand, skip — work in a way that's comfortable for you without the investment in a brand-new desk.
22. Or an electric standing desk that's got easy, motorized movement without the usual bank-breaking cost. Plus, you can program four presets to ensure it's at the right height for you every time.
23. An elegant desk lamp because this one feels decidedly NOT like the one you had in middle school and really ties the whole space together, don't cha think?
24. A set of stackable clear drawer organizers if you're afraid of getting snapped by rubber bands and pinched by paper clips every time you stick a hand in your desk drawer.
25. An under-desk bike for anyone who struggles to squeeze a workout into their busy schedule. Now you can flex your multi-tasking muscles and pedal the day away while you work.
26. A portable mini humidifier that can plug into your computer and sit right on your desk to help combat allergies and parched hair and skin, all while being quiet enough to leave on during your morning meeting without causing a disturbance.
27. A 3D-printed office sign to really round out the set of your own workplace sitcom (paper-themed or not), even if the cast mostly consists of you and your dog, with some Zoom guest stars.
28. A compact mini fridge for days when you have A TON to do, and even a trip to the kitchen feels like too much of a distraction. It can keep snacks and drinks warm or cool, has a removable shelf, and can hold six 12-ounce cans!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.