1. A flexible adjustable mister to help you keep cool whether you've got a full gardening itinerary planned or just want to lay out in the sun without overheating immediately.
The mister will cool the surrounding area by 20 degrees, and it comes with an interchangeable flower-shaped misting head for a fun, whimsy detail.
Promising review: "Works exactly how I want it to. Provides a fine, cool mist on the patio, allowing us to enjoy the backyard until sunset without breaking a sweat. Easy to set up. It was out of the box and cooling us off within minutes." —Debra L. Kusek
Get it from Amazon for $31.42.
2. An outdoor projection set including a 100-inch screen and a mini projector if it physically pains you to stay inside when the weather is nice. This projector is compatible with an array of streaming devices like your laptop, Fire TV Stick, and Roku so you can start binge-watching shows in your backyard.
The home projector includes multiple ports (HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, TF, and Audio output) for widespread device compatibility. It also has built-in speakers, but can easily be hooked up to other external speakers or a soundbar.
Promising review: "We got this for my boyfriend's birthday so we could watch movies on our patio and it did not disappoint. The sound is a little quiet but there are cords already included to connect a soundbar or speaker to increase the output. I was really surprised by how easy it was to set it up and got the perfect picture on my first try. I really like how we could just plug our Amazon Fire Stick into it and get going. The screen was super easy to put up and down and even included command-like strips for the perfect picture. We are really excited to continue using this!!" —Amy Donar
Get it from Amazon for $69.99.
3. A stick of nongreasy Gold Bond anti-friction stick for preventing sweat-induced friction and all the painful irritation that comes with it.
Promising review: "I just used it for five days in 90-degree-plus weather at Bonnaroo music festival in the middle of Tennessee on a farm in June with 100,000 people walking several miles, dancing, and sweating every day. I am happy to report that this product is a lifesaver. My thighs didn't chafe once, and I have big ones! I had to reapply once during the day. I strongly recommend buying this if you have large thighs and need relief from chafing. I couldn't wear dresses or skirts in the heat if I was walking anywhere, and now I live in them because of this stuff! Buy it! It works!" —Carwizzle
Get it from Amazon for $5.99.
4. A handy bite suction tool because the great outdoors would be a lot easier to deal with if you weren't itching endlessly. Thankfully, this gadgets sucks out bug venom left behind under the skin to help reduce itchiness and swelling so things can get healed up a lot sooner.
You can also use it to treat bites from bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, and sea lice.
Promising review: "Everything that bites bites me. This easy-to-use gadget works like a charm. The itching stops within a few minutes." —Margaret M. Newburn
Get it from Amazon for $9.80.
5. A high-voltage bug zapper so you don't get eaten alive by bugs while trying to enjoy the weather. This little lantern offers top-notch protection from mosquitoes, gnats, flies, and moths in an area up to 1,500 square feet.
Promising review: "You will not be disappointed. I just moved out to the country and have been working out in the garage late at night. With the weather getting warmer, I've had the garage doors opened and mosquitos, gnats, and everything else have been finding there way into my garage, so I had to do something about it. I bought this and hung it next to my garage door opener because there's an outlet there and it is way better than expected. I have dead bees, stink bugs, gnats, mosquitoes, and other bugs that I do not know what they are. My 8-year-old son keeps asking me to remove the bottom tray so he can see all of the dead bugs that got zapped. Again, you will not be disappointed, I'm extremely happy I bought this!" —Chris & Jenny
Get it from Amazon for $36.99.
6. A personal Lifestraw water filter that removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria if your desire to stay outside often outlives your clean water supply.
The straw's microfiltration membrane eliminates bacteria and parasites so you can drink from available water sources without worry. If you are immunocompromised, take care when using this product.
Promising review: "I keep one of these in my pack when hiking or going anywhere remote, as well as in my fishing tackle box on the lake. I’ve had to use it several times on the lake where otherwise I would have been severely dehydrated. Filters great. Personally, I only drink from PUR water filters as I’m a bodybuilder and regulate my diet to this point. This filter does just as well and it’s direct. It is quite difficult to bring the water to the straw but I don’t mind knowing that my water is pure. A child most likely couldn’t use it...but it could save your life." —Zack Chavez
Get it from Amazon for $15.69.
7. A wide-brim straw sun hat with UPF 50 protection to block a whopping 98% of the sun's rays. Plus, this hat has an adjustable sweatband hidden inside so you can finally feel confident that your hat won't go flying off your head the moment a gentle breeze picks up.
Promising review: "Y’all! This hat is everything. Such good quality for the price. I got the white one; it’s super cute, and the brim is the perfect size to not be uncomfortable if you’re laying out on a beach chair. I want to get one in every color now! The best part is the tie inside the hat to make it fit to your head so that no wind will blow it off. Love! My favorite new addition to my wardrobe hands down." —jovie
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in 22 styles).
8. A tube of Burt's Bees After Sun soother if your outdoor time ends with your skin looking less sun-kissed and more sun-slapped. Apply this hydrating formula ASAP and enjoy sweet relief from pain and itching.
This product is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, or SLS.
Promising review: "I’ve had this bottle for over a year! It’s lasted with my family through Disney World, Destin spring break, and every time we go to the pool! I’ve had some bad sunburns. I slather this on and reapply after it’s soaked in and I wake up with a deep tan. Whatever is in it is like magic! The smell is kinda weird to me, but as well as this lotion works it could smell like cough syrup and I’d still happily use it." —Natalie Smith
Get it from Amazon or $7.69.
9. A 9-foot double-canvas hammock with a sturdy steel stand for quickly solving the "no tree" issue that has long kept you from fulfilling your hanging cocoon dreams. This one has a 450-pound weight limit and plenty of room for multiple people — time to get cozy!
Promising review: "Such a good deal! Easy and fast setup and very sturdy. This is exactly what our backyard needed! The carrying case is nice quality, though the frame is a bit on the heavy side so I'd probably only take it camping if no hiking was involved. The fabric had a musty smell right out of the box, but it's nothing that a little airing out can't take care of. We are so excited to enjoy it this summer, and the quality of the frame and hammock fabric seem like they will last years to come." —Coffeegirl
Get it from Amazon for $84.99+ (available in 17 colors).
10. An immunity-boosting allergy supplement because your dog's endless scratching has kept you both cooped up for too long. Fortunately, these soft chews not only help soothe allergic reactions and skin sensitivity, but they also deliver a dose of probiotics and other nutrients to help support immune function, digestion, and promote healthy skin.
Promising review: "What a great product! I have a small pooch and he’s been scratching himself around the nose and neck it seems due to allergies, leaving red bloody marks 😞. I bought this product and BAM within two days he stopped scratching and his marks are healing. And he really likes the taste. Thanks!" —Harold Koslowski
Get 90 chews from Amazon for $28.97.
11. A pair of oversized square sunglasses so you can spend less time squinting and more time serving high fashion lewks.
Promising review: "I’ve been looking at these sunglasses at Bottega Veneta for months but just couldn’t justify spending the hundreds of dollars because I lose sunnies so often! These are EXACTLY THE SAME! The weight of them, the detail on the sides. The only difference is the brand name is not on the side (obviously LOL) Love these so much!" —Shelley Cooper
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (available in eight styles).
12. A durable outdoor blanket that's good-looking, hecka durable, and performs just as well as a picnic blanket as it does a cuddly companion on cool nights. It packs up into an included carrying case, so you can bring it on hikes or stash it in your car without taking up a ton of space.
Rumpl is a small biz creating blankets inspired by warm and snuggly sleeping bags. They use only 100% post-consumer recycled materials, and are now recycling over 5 million discarded plastic bottles through their supply chain every year. They also offset all their carbon emissions with carbon credits!
Promising review: "Took this quilt camping and it was perfect! Kept me warm and cozy all night when temps dropped down to the upper 50's. This is my new favorite summertime quilt and won't leave home without it!" —K. Kovaleff
Get it from Amazon for $99 (available in 17 styles).
13. A waterproof pouch to protect your phone on all those wet 'n' wild adventures you have planned. Skip the low-grade panic and give yourself peace of mind that your tech is protected.
It fits any phone up to 100mm x 170mm (or about 3.9 inches x 6.7 inches). And you can totally use the touchscreen through the case — including the camera! People take incredible photos with it.
Promising review: "I originally bought this for a solo trip to Florida because I wasn’t willing to leave my phone and credit card or rental car keys on the beach while playing in the ocean. For the price, this little thing has paid itself off and then some! I was able to fit my iPhone, two cards, and car keys in this while I blissfully floated in the ocean for hours. I even ordered this wristlet that makes your phone float in case I let go of it. I’ve also used it in my hotel Jacuzzi tub (and the bathtub at home), and the water park. I am not afraid to completely submerge my phone or just let it get splashed. Especially for solo female travelers, you never want to be separated from your phone because it’s your life source so nothing ruins a beach day by water damaging your phone. I really love this product!" —SpikesInk
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 14 styles).
14. A bottle of Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen if you're tired of regular sunscreens that leave you feeling greasy and looking like a ghost. This sweat-resistant formula goes on completely clear so you can avoid any pesky white cast, and feels as light as any standard moisturizer or primer.
BuzzFeed Editor Natalie Brown is a proud member of the Supergoop! cult:
"I've been using this sunscreen at least once daily since my mom gifted it to me two Christmases ago, and have every intention to keep using it for years. A dime-size amount covers my entire face, because it's translucent it leaves absolutely no white cast, and 10 minutes after putting it on, my face just feels like I applied a little bit of a nice moisturizer or makeup primer, not anything that's grease-central, like sunscreen usually is. After several years of stubbornly trying (and failing) to find a decent, oily-skin-friendly, non-greasy drugstore option, I've caved to this pricier kind because literally none of the six or seven other options I tried even compared to this.
Every time I've worn makeup since I got it, I've been impressed by the way my matte foundation glides over it, looks with it, and lasts with it. You can see the texture and color in the photo above; it really does go on completely clear. And it's water- and sweat-resistant for 40 minutes!"
Get it from Amazon for $17+ (available in three sizes).
15. Plus, a set of UV stickers for a visible reminder that it's time to reapply sunscreen — it'll change from clear to purple. And, yes, it'll stay on through plenty of swimming and sweating.
Promising review: "After yet another bad sunburn even though I'm trying VERY HARD to keep sunscreen on, I bought these. First use was at Disneyland on a 90-degree, zero-clouds day. This helped so much! I kept an eye (as did my friends) on the dot so we all knew when to reapply sunscreen and not one of us got burned. I also used these on a weeklong hiking adventure in Utah where it was also in the 90s with an extreme UV index. None of us got burned, so all in all this is one of the best inventions!" —Catherine Shock
Get a 32-count from Amazon for $25.99.