We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An ingenious sandwich cutter and sealer because now you can create your own copycat Uncrustables for a fraction of the price and without the wasteful individual wrappings. A set comes with three different shapes, but the filling possibilities are endless!
2. A pack of reusable Swiffer mop pads that's a multitasking purchase you can use again and again for dry or wet cleaning. Sparkling floors and a permanently shorter shopping list? Yes, please!
Turbo Microfiber Store is a small business that launched in 2018 on a mission to create top-quality cleaning accessories to help you get through your to-do list as sustainably and cost-effective as possible.
Promising review: "I got both kinds, the ones with the wrap around flaps for the regular green mop (pic) and I got the nonflap ones for the WetJet (pic). They are made of a good quality material, well designed, fit perfectly and are easy to put on and take off. They stick to the mop very securely, you don't have to worry about them coming off when cleaning, and when done you just toss them in the washer. I am so happy I started using these. They are saving me loads of money on those wet and dry refill sheets and saves the planet as well!" —Phoenix Hinton
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $12.99.
3. A beginner-friendly menstrual cup for a one-and-done purchase you'll keep for years that won't fill up your trash or empty your wallet like other period products. Just imagine — no more emergency runs to pick up tampons because your period came early.
The menstrual cup factor that freaked me out the most was the thought of having to get up there and break the seal to take it out. So when I saw the Flex Cup, which is specifically designed to make that process easier, I figured why not give it a try. This is a purchase I would definitely file under the 'life-changing' category. Yes, there is a learning curve, but by my second cycle with the cup I felt like a pro. Even with the pull tab, taking it out can be a little messy (I tend to just do it in the shower), but it's definitely a more controlled experience than if it wasn't there at all. With my flow, I can leave my cup in for 12 straight hours without fear (can't say the same about tampons...), meaning The Flex Cup has made my period less awful. A true feat!
Promising review: "So very happy with my purchase!! Fits comfortably! Easy to insert and remove just takes some getting used to. Save money on pads and tampons! Very very very happy with this purchase." —Evie
Get it from Amazon for $34.96+ (available in two sizes).
4. Plus, some budget-friendly period underwear to make handling Aunt Flo as easy as...well...putting on your underwear. This affordable pair can absorb the equivalent of two tampons so you can go about your day (or night) without fretting about unexpected leakages. Then just toss them in the wash between cycles!
Promising review: "I absolutely love these! It has saved me a lot of money because I don’t have to buy pads or tampons every 28 days. These keep my clothes, sheets, and chairs clean! No leaks! Can withstand both heavy and light periods. Super comfy and actually pretty breathable! I love them." —Mirae
Get it from Amazon for $15.90+ (available in women's sizes XXS–6XL, sold individually or as multipacks in various colors).
5. A patented pet hair remover if you're tired of plowing through lint rollers just to keep Fido's shedding at bay. This roller uses bristles, not sticky tape, to catch lint meaning you can clean and reuse it over and over and over again.
ChomChom Roller is a Massachusetts-based small biz creating an eco-friendly, reusable alternative to sticky lint rollers.
Promising reviews: "We were wasting a lot of lint rollers to remove our cat's hair as my wife is obsessed with having everything clean. This product is not just saving my money but also it works great on anything — sofas, cloths, bed etc. Easy to clean up the hair as well. I wished it worked a little better in removing hairs with less try but it does the job when you are persistent. Definitely recommend for any cat lovers out there." —Mohammad Kabir
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
6. These reusable Swiffer dusters so you can enjoy all the cleaning convenience of the disposable versions while helping the environment and crossing "duster refills" off your shopping list for good.
TS Designs is a Michigan-based Etsy shop that specializes in home products and country, rustic, and vintage-styled gifts and decor.
Psst — the seller notes that this works best with Swiffers with the yellow handle, but also is compatible with the blue handle. You should avoid using fabric softener when washing this duster so it won't lose its static cling.
Promising review: "Great washable duster replacement tops. They vacuum off and wash up easily, and they grab dust and cobwebs every bit as well as the disposable ones I was using. Considering it means putting a bit less into landfills and also saving money in the long run; I only wish I had bought these years ago, sincerely. Also, they shipped very promptly and arrived sooner than expected, so that was a pleasant surprise. Thanks!" —otherlings
7. Some penguin dryer balls because on top of their stunning good looks they can do everything a dryer sheet can (over and over again) AND reduce drying times, which is good news for the planet and your energy bill.
Friendsheep is a small biz creating handmade wool home goods. Their products are handmade by Nepali artisans and are sourced from factories and cooperatives that enforce fair trade labor policies.
Promising review: "These dryer balls really are adorable and make the chore of laundry more cheerful. Be sure and follow the instructions to dry a load of dark clothes the first time you use the black penguin balls. After that, you will have no problem with using them to dry whites or light colors. Dryer balls really work and are a good investment. I am going to be giving these as gifts!" —Auntie m
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $32.
8. A rechargeable electric lighter that's windproof, splash-proof, portable, and just overall very nice to look at. No more empty plastic lighters in the trash with this around!
Promising review: "I got the three-pack, one for me and two as gifts to friends who are trying to reduce waste. We all love these lighters because a single charge really does last, we don't have to buy any more disposable lighters for the foreseeable future, and the length is perfect for hard-to-reach wicks. Getting used to how to place the arc on the wick and understanding that there was a safety timeout took me a bit to get used to but wasn't frustrating." —Salim
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in three colors).
9. A pack of shockingly absorbent Swedish dishcloths for a reusable alternative to paper towels. Unlike regular dishcloths, these can easily be sanitized in the dishwasher or microwave between uses so you know it's not harboring any unwanted germs.
Use these again and again, and compost them when you're done since they're made of natural cellulose and cotton.
I genuinely enjoy using Swedish dishcloths way more than I even did paper towels. They're perfect for managing day-to-day messes in the kitchen and they're shockingly absorbent, durable, and long-lasting. The biggest annoyance I had with them is never knowing where to put it when it was drying, but recently I mounted a Command hook behind my sink and used a hole punch to create a little hanging hole. Now my dishcloths stay out of the way when not in use and dry quicker! It was one of the easiest swaps to make that resulted in WAY less trash.
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $14.94+ (available in 25 styles).
10. Or a roll of reusable bamboo towels if you're tired of wasting money on expensive, single-use paper towels. They're 100% machine washable, super absorbent, and one roll offsets up to 60 rolls of conventional paper towels so you can clean with a clear conscience.
They're made from organic bamboo, are machine-washable, and are SUPER strong! They can be used ~120+ times~ before discarding (ideally in your compost!).
Promising review: "Don't let the quantity discourage you, I cut mine in half! One half-sheet takes the life of dozens of sheets of regular paper towels and cloth towels! My regular cotton towels can't compete with one sheet of these bamboo towels! No lint left behind, it doesn't break apart in my hand, and is as strong as Magic Erasers, if you've tried them before! Not gross when you think on the lines of using rags, but one sheet has lasted over a week with rinsing with hot water and soap and hang drying. This is a game changer!!!" —Neela921
Get a roll (20 sheets) from Amazon for $9.99.
11. A pair of nonstick silicone baking mats so you can say "buh-bye" to single-use parchment paper and foil, but still get all the slick, nonstick benefits.
Promising review: "I just starting baking with these at Christmas time. They are great! They really save me a lot of money as I haven't needed to buy parchment paper to line my cookie sheets anymore. I use them to roll out sticky doughs also. I am a fan! They fit a regular size cookie sheet very well. They are easy to clean. I wish I would've discovered these sooner!" —Tamara white
Get a pair from Amazon for $9.95.
12. Plus, these reusable silicone baking cups to help you spend more time experimenting with new recipes and less time at the store buying yet another pack of paper liners.
Each set is dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe and can be used in a muffin tin or freestanding — no need for grease or non-stick spray!
Promising review: "Love that this takes up almost no space. It is a great alternative to a traditional muffin pan! The colors are so cute, and I also love that it doesn't create all the paper waste. Would definitely buy again!" —medici28
Get a pack of 12 from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in two sizes).
13. A sleek time-marked water bottle because no one enjoys going about their day parched, especially when the solution involves a $5+ plastic bottle from the corner store. This lightweight and leakproof bottle makes on-the-go hydration easier (and more eco-friendly) than ever!
Promising reviews: "I love this water bottle! Its BPA-free and looks amazing. It helped me keep track of how much water I'm drinking per day with the timestamps on the bottle while saving the environment from plastic waste. It took me so long to find this bottle but it was definitely worth the trouble finding it!" —K7
"Saw it on TikTok and thought it would be a great bottle for work. It is very sleek and lightweight enough to carry when you have other items in your hand. I love the modern look and cleans very easily! The time increments really do motivate, definitely ordering again for myself and gifts. Fast delivery and very nice packaging." —Rosa
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in two sizes and in three colors).
14. A pack of refillable K-Cups you can fill with your favorite coffee to save loads of money (and plastic) without giving up the single-cup convenience.
These BPA-free plastic cups are designed to work in any Keurig brewer, old or new!
Promising review: "Really like these reusable K-Cups. I hated wasting so much plastic using regular K-Cups and found this to use as an alternative. I have had these for two years and they have held up great! Easily to fill, clean really nicely, and no complaints! And it's great you can put your own coffee in so you're not stuck to certain brands or flavors. Highly recommend if you are trying to be more environmentally friendly." —Amazon Customer
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $6.99.
15. A pack of reusable makeup remover pads that are made from bamboo, which is gentler on the planet than cotton, and can be reused up to 1,000 times. That's a lot of makeup removed and disposable cotton rounds you don't need to buy!
AND they include a mesh laundry bag for easy washing!
Promising review: "These cloths are super soft and perfect for removing makeup, cleansing with micellar water, or applying toner. I like these better than washcloths because they are not abrasive at all (don't buy these if you were hoping for a little exfoliation). They are easily washable and nicely absorbent. I go through a lot of cotton squares in my skincare routine, and I wanted to be less wasteful. These are a great solution. I am planning on buying more!" —Steve P
Get a pack of 16 from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in six color combinations).
16. Or a makeup-erasing cloth to gently (but effectively) remove your makeup with just a little bit of water — no additional makeup remover needed. Plus, it's endlessly reusable! Once it gets dirty, just toss it in the wash.
I bought one of these cloths after including it in previous posts, subsequently selling myself on it (hazard of the job). It honestly works better than I could've imagined! You really do just need to dampen it with water to have your makeup melting off in seconds. I think this is a great zero-waste option for people (like me) who don't wear a ton of makeup on the day-to-day, because you can get a lot of uses from this cloth without needing to wash it constantly. It also washes up shockingly well. I've had it for close to two years and every time it comes out of the washing machine almost entirely stain-free I'm equally shocked.
Get it from Amazon for $13.36+ (available in 14 colors).
17. An easy-to-install Tushy bidet attachment for a true revo-loo-tionary toilet upgrade that'll keep your tushy in tip-top shape without the need for toilet paper.
Tushy is a small biz founded in 2015 with the goal of promoting booty bliss and reducing wastefulness. Their line of easy-to-install bidets make is easy to go toilet-paperless and reduce overall water waste. Plus, a portion of Tushy profits go toward building community toilets in impoverished Indian communities.
It comes with everything they need to install their bidet in under 8.5 minutes! And there's a 60-day money-back guarantee, so if they find the bidet life isn't for them, you can get a refund and buy them something else.
Promising review: "This has been such a godsend!! As a Crohn's patient, this has helped me so much. No more wiping myself raw on bad days and feeling gross after. It leaves me feeling so clean. I've also found it helpful during my period. It has literally changed EVERYTHING about going to the bathroom for the better." —Alicia S.
18. Or a wall-mounted Fohm dispenser if you're not ready to give up on TP entirely. It transforms any standard piece of toilet paper into a cleansing wet wipe for a more affordable clean that won't clog your toilet (like most wipes)!
Fohm is a small biz launched in 2019 by a husband-and-wife duo that, after traveling the world together, realized they didn't have to choose between dry TP or "flushable" wipes that are bad for the planet and your pipes. And thus, their one-of-a-kind touchless system was born!
Once you have the starter Bathroom Kit, you'll just need to buy foam refills, which you can automatically have sent to your door every 6 or 10 months.
I have been living the Fohm life for the last several years and couldn't be happier with it! You get all the benefits of a wet wipe without the microplastics, plumbing damage, and waste! And you actually end up using less toilet paper than you would without it! Plus, it holds a charge foorreevvveerrr so you don't have to fear getting trapped on your porcelain throne without your foam!
Get a dispenser and a bottle of cleanser from Fohm for $69.
19. Reusable Stasher food storage bags so ditching those single-use plastic baggies is easy! These airtight pouches come in a range of sizes and are safe to use in the microwave and freezer. Then just toss 'em in the dishwasher for easy cleaning!
Promising review: "I'm trying very hard to reduce my dependence on plastics that have to be thrown away. I find these reusable silicone 'pouches' just as good as a plastic ziplock bag, but more sustainable. They are easy to clean and disinfect in the dishwasher spread over the prongs so that the water can thoroughly wash them. They'll be a little damp inside when they come out, but just prop them upside down over something so that they can air dry." —KD-D
Get it from Amazon for $7.49+ (available in five sizes and in 13 colors).
20. A three-blade all metal razor with a pivoting head because, if you shave regularly, you're going to go through way more plastic razors than you think. This one is designed to last you LITERALLY FOREVER, uses recyclable blades, and delivers a silky smooth shave.
Leaf Shave is an eco-minded small biz founded by two Adams who set out to create a better razor that is also better for the environment. Their packaging is 100% plastic-free, and through financing initiatives to offset 100% of the company's CO2e emissions they've become Climate Neutral certified.
I know, I know — $80 for a razor feels pretty steep, but plastic razors really add up over time and this thing is STURDY. When first trying to eco-swap my shave routine I tried a regular safety razor because it was a lot cheaper and I basically bled to death (kidding, but I did cut myself a lot). It works really well for some people, but I had really come to rely on the pivoting head of the plastic razors I learned on. So imagine my pure delight when I finally snagged one of these beauties and could return to shaving without all the cuts and blood. It's really easy to change the blades, and I find myself getting a better shave because I'm not putting off buying another razor like I would before. It really is a great investment that not only keeps plastic razors out of landfills, but all the plastic packaging they come in, too!
Get it from Amazon for $84 (available in four colors).