When you hear the term "the 1%," the richest people in the world probably come to mind.
But even though those lucky bastards are most commonly associated with that percentage, it doesn't mean they're the only ones we should acknowledge! Recently, Reddit user u/NoWasExpected asked people to share the categories they're in the 1% of, and let's just say their experiences are interesting, but not so glamorous:
1. "I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and one side grew back after a year from a fragment left. My dentist published an article about it and was so happy. I was not happy about another oral surgery."
2. "I've run over a fish in my car. Whenever I tell the story, no one has heard anything like it."
3. "I am the seventh generation in my family with the same name. At the end of my name, I legally have a VII."
5. "When Spotify released listening statistics at the end of 2020, I was in the top .1% of 'Weird Al' Yankovic listeners."
6. "I am allergic to temperature extremes. Taking a hot shower or touching an ice cube will give me hives."
7. "Apparently, I'm the only non-Thai person to get arrested and tried in Thai military court. So, like...less than 1%. I don't recommend."
9. "I have a double uterus, medically called uterus didelphys. A septum separates my uterus, which kinda made them form into two separate ones, and the septum continues down into the vagina, so I also have a left and a right side."
10. "I was in the first 1% to watch 'What Does the Fox Say?' on YouTube. YouTube sent me an email telling me so."
11. "I have aphantasia. I can't form images in my mind. If I read a book, for instance, I wouldn't be able to tell you what the characters look like. My brain just doesn't work like that."
12. "For a solid three weeks, I was No. 1 in Kanye West trivia in the United States on a random trivia app."
13. "Probably less than 1%, but I'm sucrose and fructose intolerant. No fruit, candy, ice cream, and even some veggies for me."
14. "I'm the only one I know who 'failed' an IQ test. I did unnaturally well in some portions, but I was in, like, the lowest percentile for the math and numbers portions. Therefore, I have no conclusive IQ — or at least, the tester would not give me a conclusive number."
15. And finally, "Pretty certain I'm in the top 1% of people who have accidentally sprayed themselves with bear mace. Three times. No, I haven't learned my lesson."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.