Even back when it was in the rumor stages, the Internet was expressing strong opinions about Bridesmaids director Paul Feig’s proposed all-female Ghostbusters remake.
With many of those opinions ranging from “That sounds like a great idea,” to “Oh man, what a great idea.” A very understandable contingent of critics voiced the “Why reboot a classic?” opinion, which remains a great question, especially as Hollywood gets so unapologetically mired in reboot and sequel culture.
However, a still (thankfully) smaller contingent has really honed in on the real problem with the new installment of Ghostbusters.
12. With a rumored cast of Bridesmaids’ Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, and SNL’s Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, funny should be a safe bet.
- Rudy Giuliani no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗