Even back when it was in the rumor stages, the Internet was expressing strong opinions about Bridesmaids director Paul Feig’s proposed all-female Ghostbusters remake.
With many of those opinions ranging from “That sounds like a great idea,” to “Oh man, what a great idea.” A very understandable contingent of critics voiced the “Why reboot a classic?” opinion, which remains a great question, especially as Hollywood gets so unapologetically mired in reboot and sequel culture.
However, a still (thankfully) smaller contingent has really honed in on the real problem with the new installment of Ghostbusters.
12. With a rumored cast of Bridesmaids’ Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, and SNL’s Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, funny should be a safe bet.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳