32 Things Every Glasses-Wearer Will Relate To
No, you cannot try them on to see "how blind I am."
1. That first childhood inkling that your vision might be off.
2. Is everything supposed to be this...blurry?
3. You started having trouble making out the chalkboard.
4. Until finally someone noticed you were having a hard time.
5. "You need glasses."
6. Maybe you even considered cheating on the exam (like this guy).
7. So they placed you in the most baffling contraption ever devised.
8. For the umpteenth time, they asked you "Better...or worse?"
9. "Number one...or number two?"
10. Until finally, an ocular miracle occurred and they found your prescription.
11. Followed by the excruciating process of choosing your first frames.
12. Looking at your reflection like—
14. "Definitely not."
15. "Well, hello there."
16. Suddenly, the whole world comes into focus.
17. That first ride home was life-changing.
18. The impossible becomes possible again.
19. You can see again! It feels like you can do anything.
20. Kids at school could be less than kind.
21. Which is why people with glasses tend to hang out with each other.
22. Pretty soon your glasses became like a part of your own body.
23. A part of your own body that you somehow manage to lose constantly.
24. Along with the embarrassment of them being right under your nose most of the time.
25. Maybe you even sprung for prescription sunglasses.
26. So you could finally drive again.
27. You got used to people asking "Are you a librarian?"
28. Or skeezier people asking "Are you a sexy librarian?"
29. And if one more person asks if they can try on your glasses...
30. Pretty soon, the fashion world caught up with you.
31. And everyone started figuring out what you've known your entire life...
32. So here's to you, fellow four-eyes!
Thumbnail Credit: Warner Bros.