2. Upon hearing someone eat, you can no longer function properly.
MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP.
3. Your head feels exactly like this.
Only without the sweet relief of no longer existing.
6. Sometimes you grit your teeth.
It will all be over soon.
7. But most of the time you don’t even try to pretend noise is OK.
Because noise is not O-fucking-K.
8. Especially whistling.
You know how to whistle, right? You put your lips together and FUCK THE FUCK OFF.
10. But mostly eating.
11. Of all the sounds, people eating is the most upsetting.
Even thinking about it is giving you an anxiety attack.
14. So if you’re the kind of person who cringes when someone hocks and spits.
And let’s face it, who isn’t?
16. Then perhaps your pain now has a name.
That name is misophonia.
17. It’s why you can’t stand excited squeals.
Nothing is that exciting. Nothing.
18. Or why you desperately need to get as far away as possible from someone who is fucking humming.
Why is this happening to me?
21. So next time someone is eating loudly, say something. Or better yet, punch something.
Don’t suffer in your solitary phonic hell-prison.
22. It doesn’t have to end this way.
Well, maybe for the person who can’t eat with their goddamn mouth closed.
This post was delightfully sound-free.
Your sanity is welcome.