1. A breathable pair with a supportive air-cushioning sole that one reviewer described as feeling like "little marshmallows underneath you," and I really can't think of any higher praise than that.
Promising review: "Looks like the picture! I like the fit because I have wide feet! I wear a size 7½ and I ordered my size. Yes, it fit as expected! It’s not narrow, yes, you have room in the toe area. I purchased this for walking on my treadmill." —Jade
Get it from Amazon for $31.89+ (available in sizes 5.5–10 and 13 colors).
2. A running-friendly pair of sneaks with a thick yet lightweight sole that's just as comfortable for jogging as it is for power-walking around town to fit in some last-minute errands.
3. A cloud-like design that features a lightweight mesh upper and skid-resistant sole so you can skip around without slipping and sliding all over the place.
Promising review: "These shoes are really comfy! I am always looking for a new comfortable cute shoe to wear to work. I’m on my feet all day. These felt good throughout the day and gave me the support I needed in my arches. Just right and a great price. Looks great with my scrubs." —Natalie
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes 4.5-10.5 and 17 colors).
4. A cushiony pair that several reviewers say feel comfortable the very first time you wear them — so you can say goodbye to the dreaded break-in period.
Promising review: "I never really write reviews, but I will for this shoe. Normally, when I get new shoes, I have to break them in. There is discomfort and things can get dicey...normally. NOT WITH THESE SHOES. They feel so good. I actually have them on right now and I really love them. I just came home from a HIIT workout and I had no problems. Get the shoes!" —SJK
Get it from Amazon for $40.99+ (available in sizes 6-11.5 and 18 colors).
5. An Adidas design with a neoprene heel for extra support to get you through a grueling workout — not to mention the several ridiculously cute color combinations that'll make you the envy of every runner on the trail.
6. A pair of eye-catching Skechers with a cushy memory foam insole that contours to your unique foot shape and basically makes your workout feel as comfortable as lying in bed all day.
Promising review: "Love these Skechers! Very well-made! They hold up very well, unlike a lot of shoes that look worn after a few months. At first I was worried about the suede holding up but they do! I've ordered these shoes several times!" —Deby
Get it from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in sizes 5-11 and eight styles).
7. A truly impressive design that combines all the lightweight features of a fashion sneaker (flexible mesh upper!) with the heavy-duty durability of a traditional running sneaker (supportive air cushions!).
Promising review: "I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis some time ago. It was so painful that I had to get cortisone shots in my heel. I had to take some time off from work due to the fact that I could not stand. I spent thousands on my feet, and even have a podiatrist. Well needless to say that I spent so much money on shoes and following the doctor's advice as to what brand to get. Did all of that and just got tired of it all. I decided to try something inexpensive and came upon on these. THEY ARE HEAVEN SENT. I am still in awe. I spend long hours on my feet and could not be happier with these. Comfort 100%. Going to buy a few more. I hope they never change the quality." —Truthfully
Get it from Amazon for $41.99+ (available in sizes 5.5-10 and eight colors).
8. Unisex color-block sneakers — because why settle for one color when you can have several? Not only does it have impressive arch support and a durable EVA sole, but it's also bound to match basically everything in your closet.
Domo Ink is Black woman-owned small business based out of Jurupa Valley, California!
Promising review: "These shoes are well-made and comfortable. The colors are just like the picture. These are perfect warm-weather shoes!" —Kathryn Lindrose
Get them from Domo Ink for $74.99 (available in women's sizes 5–12 and men's sizes 3–14).
9. Adidas Cloudfoam Pures with a special memory foam sockliner that essentially memorizes the shape of your foot — so it basically feels tailored made for you.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE these running shoes. They are extremely lightweight, feels like you are running on air yet with support. Super cute, look exactly as pictured and are true to size. I always wear a 6 and the 6 fit me perfectly. I would order these 100 times over, actually contemplating getting another pair in a different color just because these are so perfect. I’ve had them for over two months and they have not worn out at all. Wipes clean and doesn’t stain, which is amazing!! I regularly run outside so I destroy my running shoes, these I’ve just taken a wet paper towel to and they are good as new! Sooo so happy with this purchase!" —Kat
Get them from Amazon for $37+ (available in women's sizes 5–12 and 30 styles).
10. New Balance Fresh Foam Arishi V1s with an outsole that Goldilocks would certainly approve of for being "just right" — it's not so high that it looks clunky, yet not so low that it sacrifices arch support.
Promising review: "I have a narrow foot. These shoes fit very well and have enough room for a slightly wider foot. They feel great to run in and look so cute! Great for running and athleisure outfits." —TO
Get them from Amazon for $34.77+ (available in women's sizes 5–12, wide options and two styles).
11. Asics Gel Ventures that feature a heavy-duty outsole specifically designed to keep you safe and secure on the trail, so it's perfect if you like getting a little adventurous with your runs.
Promising review: "I love these shoes! I am hard to please due to plantar fasciitis, fallen arches, and lots of screws in my ankle. Great arch support and really beautifully designed shoe. The photo doesn't do them justice. They make me happy looking at them and wearing them. I only wear them to work out and they feel great! Great price too!!" —T. Discosola
12. Saucony Cohesion 10s with an incredibly durable outsole that'll help propel you forward during your jogs — so it'll practically do your workout for you.
Promising review: "I've been a huge Saucony fan for many years now. My only problem is how expensive they've become. I was thrilled when I found these for the price. They are terrific. There's no breaking-in period, very cushiony, yet supportive, I always 1/2 size up for running shoes, and they fit perfect. I'm very happy with my purchase." —Jamie Croshaw
Get them from Amazon for $39.29+ (available in women's sizes 6.5-12 and in 13 styles).
13. A durable pair of Asics with a special gel technology cushioning system to reduce shock and add a little bounce to every step.
Promising review: “This athletic shoe met my expectations in every way: Fit was true to size, with a good finger width between toe and end of shoe. This shoe gives greater than moderate support, but not so much that my arch is sore at the end of an active day. The width is exact, with no rubbing on either side. I spent an eight-hour day in these puppies with little or no time off my feet and they did the job. My feet were supported, cushioned, and comfortable. As a bonus, they are very sharp-looking with the colored flares over the white background. And they clean up great! Soooo happy!” —windsweep
Get it from Amazon for $49+ (available in sizes 6–11.5 regular and wide and in 14 colors).
14. Infinity Glide sneakers made of recycled water bottles that one of my fellow BuzzFeeders described as "the comfiest sneakers I've ever put on my feet."
"These sneakers from Avre are my current favorite pair of shoes. I've had them for almost a year now, and I wear them all the time. Since they're made of knit fabric, they stretch right onto your foot and are super comfortable. Plus, the chunky heel adds a bit of extra style. I mostly wear them with leggings and joggers (because that’s what I live in), but I have worn them with jeans too. They do run big, so I would size down a half size. I also love that they’re made from recycled water bottles, as I’ve been trying to be a little more conscious with my purchases." —Abby Kass
Avre is a Taiwanese American-owned small biz making sustainable footwear for women.
Get them from Avre for $145 (available in sizes 5–10 and in three colors).
15. A versatile pair of Asics that have a special heel designed to stabilize your stride and help your feet remain in their natural line of motion. It's like a personal trainer right on your feet!
Promising review: “I love these shoes! I've been having knee pains while running and needed to get a pair that better supported my underpronation. These were perfect, and I haven't had pain since. I run anywhere from 3–10 miles on a run, five days a week.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $40+ (available in sizes 5–12 regular and wide and in 19 colors)
16. A sleek set of New Balance sneakers with a cloud-like midsole and a plush sole insert so you can glide your way through your entire workout — although be prepared for people to stop you to ask where you bought them.
Promising review: “I love these shoes! I have wide feet, so I was really glad to be able to order in wide and they are SOOO comfortable. Super cute and on trend as well. They are really light and breathable, so I wear both with and without socks. I normally wear an 8.5 in New Balance (and I own a lot of NB), but had to size up to a 9 as these seemed a bit short.” —Lindsay Osborne
Get it from Amazon for $39.28+ (available in sizes 5-12 regular and wide and in 24 colors)
17. Under Armour sneakers with a breathable "Charged Cushioning" midsole made of compression-molded foam for extra responsiveness and energy return.
Promising review: “Under Armour is quickly becoming one of my favorite shoes. Great style and they offer wide sizes which can be hard to find. This is my second pair and I'm already looking for my third pair. I'm in the 300+ category and anyone who is a member in good standing in that club knows that weight can destroy a shoe if you aren't rotating them. They last so much longer and wear so much better if you can do it. I recommend these for anyone looking for an economical shoe that looks good and wears comfortably.” —Paul “The Answer” Paz
Get it from Amazon for $46.26+ (available in men's sizes 7-15 regular, wide and extra wide and in 28 colors)