29 Products That'll Make You Want To Take All The Selfies
No Facetune necessary.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A skin tint with the natural coverage of a tinted moisturizer and the silky smooth texture of a hydrating serum. It even has SPF 40 so your skin stays protected while you're taking those late-summer selfies.
Promising review: "I have purchased so many foundations, cc creams, bb creams, and tinted moisturizers trying to find something that won’t settle in my wrinkles or look thick and cakey. This is the by far the most natural looking coverage I’ve found!! My search is finally over!" —Jill C.
Get it from Ilia for $48 (available in 30 shades).
2. A Maybelline Dark Circles Treatment Concealer for when you need to fool everyone into thinking you got a full night's sleep, when in reality you were just rewatching Bridgerton for the hundredth time.
Read our Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer review (#4 on the list)!
Here's an excerpt: "I still don’t know how a $7 tube of concealer (I use the Neutralizer shade) beats out the more expensive ones I have stuffed into my vanity, but it does. It’s not too creamy or thick, yet it still gives solid coverage without the cake-y feeling.
When I am done with my entire routine, my eyes look lighter and brighter, but not in a way that’s totally obvious — even when photos are taken and the flash is on. Basically what I am saying here is this is a staple beauty product that, IMHO, deserves a place in every makeup bag!" —Kayla Suazo (BuzzFeed Shopping editor)
Get it from Amazon for $5.41+ (available in 17 shades).
3. A cruelty-free lengthening mascara with a whopping 122,000 5-star Amazon reviews and some seriously impressive before-and-after photos. Oh, did I mention it's UNDER $5?!
Promising review: "Love it, love it, love it!!! You really look like you have fake eyelashes on. This mascara is amazing! It's not thick and lumpy, and it glides on smoothly and precisely. You feel like you had a makeup artist do your eyes!!! It lasts all day — no touch-up required, no smearing, no clumping. I use soap and warm water to remove. I am 500% completely happy and satisfied!" —Disappointed
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
And check out our full Essence Lash Princess Mascara review for more details.
4. An illuminating moisturizer that'll give you that glowing ~lit from within~ complexion — think of it as a subtle highlighter for your whole face. Everyone will be looking at your little square in the next Zoom meeting.
6. A selfie ring light you can attach right over your phone's camera so you look perfectly glowing and illuminated in all your Instagram pics — no filter needed.
Promising review: "I got this light for my Zoom meetings. I needed something very small for my cramped quarters. This little light did the trick! I just clipped it onto my computer (right next to my camera). It has three levels of brightness and boy does it put out the light! All I needed was the level two setting. The light lasted up to about three hours of Zoom meetings before I needed to recharge it and then, it didn't take long at all to recharge." —Lalena
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
7. A green primer that might seem intensely pigmented right out of the bottle, but the formula sheers out to blend seamlessly into the skin and reduce any excess redness.
Promising review: "I swear by this. Been using for about a year now, it goes on every day and gets all the redness off my face, when I’m in a hurry I just top it off with a little powder and I’m done but it’s a perfect base layer for any makeup routine if you had a lot of redness like I do." —Andrea
Get it from Amazon for $7.79.
8. A linked pendant necklace to create the illusion that you're holding everything together when you actually wore the same pair of pajamas all weekend — but your followers don't have to know that.
Promising review: "I love this necklace so much! The quality is outstanding, down to the little details like the tiny cute geometric heart logo charm at the end of the adjustable chain extender. Even the packaging was beautiful." —chelle923
CaitlynMinimalist is an Asian-owned, woman-owned Etsy shop based in Los Angeles.
9. A tube of Glossier Ultralip lipstick that combines the hydrating formula of a lip balm with the buildable color of a lip tint so you can get your Hannah Montana on and have the best of both worlds.
Promising review: "I am loathe to write a review but this is quite honestly the best lip product I have ever used. Perfectly pigmented, moisturizing, not sticky, and available in a number of shades. Buy this now. You won’t regret it." —Heather B.
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in nine shades).
10. Coty Airspun loose face powder to quickly mop up excess oil and keep your makeup looking flawless all day. It's basically Facetune in a portable package.
Promising review: "It's perfect!!! It comes with so much product, and the puff it comes with is pretty handy. The application is smooth. My makeup came out flawless. I set my makeup with this and worked out right after. THERE WAS NO SEPARATION, NO CREASING. This powder blessed me. GOD BLESS." —andrea
Get it from Amazon for $5.72 (available in five shades and various pack sizes).
11. A waterproof eyeliner stamp that helps you achieve the impossible: creating the perfect winged liner on the very first try.
Promising review: "I've tried the taping method, tried normal liquid liner, plastic winged stamping devices, stencils, all of it! So when I saw this I thought, meh, why not give it a shot ... It's not like my hopes were high since nothing else has been efficient or worked as it should.
Well, this gem arrived and I immediately had to try it out, all while laughing at how terrible this would probably turn out ... but to my surprise, I put the left cat eye on first and it was perfect aside from needing to connect it to my current liner. I thought this was a fluke and did the right eye ... again, it came out clean and perfect!" —LadyMeow
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in two other sizes).
12. A deeply nourishing hair mask with aloe vera and castor oil to tame frizz and add softness without weighing down your natural texture.
Promising review: "I'm a natural hair girl! I often struggle with finding a product that helps me manage and keep my hair safe for the next styling. Although I wear protective styles, the in-between time really counts, so this mask is a lifesaver. I love to see the hydration of my natural curls and I feel this product gives them the love they truly deserve! This product has helped me redefine my hair experience. Love it!" —Ashley Jennings
Girl + Hair is a Black-owned, woman-owned small business.
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
13. A leave-in conditioning spray with coconut and argan oil to take your hair from matted, stringy, and tangled to smooth, wavy, and shiny.
Promising review: "I got this in my Ipsy glam bag a few years ago and was mad when I ran out. I randomly saw this the other day and remembered how much I had loved it previously. This product is amazing!! My hair feels like pure silk! It’s sooo soft and smooth after using this. I’ve used so many other products, expensive ones, and nothing works as well as this! I highly recommend this!" —Melissa C
Briogeo is a Black-owned, woman-owned business specializing in hair care.
Get it from Amazon for $20.
14. A bestselling eyebrow pencil with a helpful double-ended design. You can fill in your brows in a flash with the angled pencil side, then use the spoolie brush on the other end to smooth everything out.
Promising review: "Spent years using a brow pomade but got tired of it drying out in the little pot so quickly. I avoided pencils since I could never find one that went on as saturated and with a creamy sort of consistency that I was used to. Tried this on a whim since I'd seen a few positive reviews via Youtube and thought the angled tip was pretty neat. I don't know if I'd want to use anything else ever again because I love it so much! Easy to apply, goes on smoothly and the little brush on the end is great for evenly brushing product through the brows once they're filled in. Looks so natural and precise. So very happy to get out of my comfort zone and try something new." —Shannon M Slape
Get it from Amazon for $6.61+ (available in four shades and a pack of two).
15. The ever popular Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer with over 232,000 5-star reviews from Amazon customers. The jaw-dropping before-and-after photos really speak for themselves.
Promising review: "My hair is baby fine and thin, and most hair dryers cause me to get nasty split ends and breakage. I bought this on a whim, and the difference between this and my high end dryer has been phenomenal! I have more volume in less time than it takes my usual routine. Plus, I've had much less breakage as well.
To style, I use a volumizer and heat protector, then flip my hair over and blow-dry upside down. When I'm finished and flip my head back over, vavoom! Big hair!" —Trisha Rutherford
Get it from Amazon for $41.99+ (available in six colors).
16. Or this paddle-style dryer brush to add extra softness and shine with just a few swipes.
It has two heat settings, plus a cool setting so you can customize it to your hair type.
Promising review: "I'm a stylist of nine years, and I've straightened many heads in my lifetime. I NEEDED THIS NINE YEARS AGO! OMG, I use it prior to performing full blowouts on clients and it helps tremendously, especially for finicky children and teens. It's great for all hair textures." —Vett Garcia
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in two colors).
To learn more about why the above BuzzFeeder swears by this, check out "Here's The Life-Changing Blow-Dryer Every Black Girl With Natural Hair Needs."
17. A two-in-one facial serum and oil hybrid to hydrate and give you that glowing (but not greasy!) "glass skin" look we've all been trying to achieve. It just might become your new staple for no-makeup days.
Promising review: "This product is THE BEST thing I have bought skin care or beauty wise possibly...ever? My skin feels soft and smooth all day and I'm still glowy by the evening. When I first applied it I thought it would be too shiny, but it melts into the skin after a while and definitely gives you that post-skin care-glow. For me, the lasting power is just the icing on the cake." —Plumshower
Get it from Glossier for $24.
18. This stunning pair of handmade earrings that will draw attention to you in the best way possible.
19. An eye primer to help your way-too-expensive eyeshadow actually last the whole day so you finally get your money's worth.
Promising review: "So let me start by saying I have used nearly every eyeshadow primer available. From high-end to low — MAC, Lorac, Urban Decay...they don't hold a candle to Thank Me Later. I have very oily skin. I use this primer and my shadow lasts a full eight hours or more. I could get maybe five or six out of the other brands, if I'm lucky. I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag, and I had to buy the full-size product straight away! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Thank you Elizabeth Mott for finally making a primer that lasts! I love this stuff!" —Melissa Mae
Get it from Amazon for $13.48.
20. A pack of oil absorbing sheets that will tackle the shiniest of foreheads and have you looking instantly matte without ruining your makeup. These are a must on the days when you're already running late and have no time to wash your face.
Promising review: "I LOVE these oil-absorbing sheets! I tried them out a few years ago but haven't gotten around to writing a review until now. I've tried other blotting sheets and they've either broken me out or just did not absorb all the oil. Every time I come back to these I realize they are truly the best. I have SUPER oily skin (and cystic acne which I have the scars to show for) and this makes me feel sooo fresh and even calms down active pimples/acne." —Noopur D.
Get a pack of 100 from Amazon for $6.95 (available in two formulas and various pack sizes).
21. A pack of multipurpose dermaplaning razors you can use to shape your eyebrows and remove fine hairs. You can also use it to remove any stubborn peach fuzz so your foundation will glide on more seamlessly than ever.
Promising review: "I used to pay a professional to dermaplane my face once a month to remove the peach fuzz, which makes me look older and makes the makeup application more cumbersome. I searched for years for a home product to use to save money and time. This is the closest I have been able to get to professional dermaplaning in the convenience of my home, on my time/schedule, and at a fraction of the price. Love it!" —SEM1969
Get a three-count from Amazon for $4.99.
23. A repairing hair treatment that takes just eight seconds to repair damage and restore shine. Apply it after shampoo but before conditioner and let the amino acids and "lamellar water technology" work its magic to smooth your hair without weighing it down.
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me, I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair ... I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen." —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
24. A hair finishing stick with a unique mascara-like applicator to keep flyaways and cowlicks at bay when you don't have time to mess around with creams or serums.
25. A super chic pair of sunglasses with rosewood accents that'll definitely stand out from the same square frames everyone else is wearing on your Instagram feed.
Promising review: "I love love love these glasses! They're stylish, lightweight and provide great protection from the sun. They make any outfit stand out and add that extra umph you're looking for. I love the fact that they're POLARIZED! Style and protection in one. Love." —Global G.
Bohten Eyewear was founded by Nana Boateng Osei and Nana Kwadwo Osei. The brand is known for their African-inspired modern eyewear. Bohten supports environmental sustainability, eye care, and youth employment and runs two tree-planting operations in Ghana and Kenya to fight back against deforestation.
Get it from Bôhten Eyewear for $150+ (available with various lens options).
26. A '90s-chic bucket hat with a floral pattern that's so much cuter than the beige or army green one you have in your closet right now.
27. A made-to-order Peace shirt with a design made of hand-cut upcycled fabric scraps, so you're guaranteed to get a one-of-a-kind creation.
Shop Alivia is a small business that uses fashion as a platform to connect conscious consumers with the talents of people with disabilities. Each Alivia piece begins as a piece of artwork created by a person with disabilities, and 10% of every purchase goes back to the artist's nonprofit art therapy program. This particular design was created by William Choi and $10 of each sale will go to The Center For All Abilities.
28. A pack of cooling, hydrating eye gels with hyaluronic acid and collagen you can put on 15 minutes before that early morning "just woke up!" selfie.
Promising review: "First of all, amazing deal for the price! Secondly, they work amazing!! I have issues with tired eyes and I used the patches for about 30 minutes after I washed my face, while I was in the shower, then took them off when I did my makeup and my under eye was so moisturized and rejuvenated!" —Tiara Baker
Get a pack of 20 pairs from Amazon for $12.47.