We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Elizavecca hair treatment that's very famous on TikTok. Its blend of ceramides and collagen will add smoothness and shine to your hair in just five minutes, making it perfect for those of us who care about our hair but not enough to devote extra time to it.
See it on TikTok here.
Promising review: "I saw this on TikTok, and in between other comparable products that were four times the price, I decided to bite the bullet and buy this — let me tell you, best decision ever! I shampooed my hair, then heavily massaged this in, from ends to scalp. The carton says 5-20 minutes... But I ended up leaving it in for two days! And after washing it out, my hair was so shiny, bouncy and CURLY! My curl recovery journey has been long, but this has helped restore so much vibrance and shape to my hair. My mom has been stealing it from my bathroom every couple of days, after having similar results on her hair. Going to need to buy a few more to ward her off." —curlyhead3
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of the Elizavecca hair treatment for more deets!
Get a bottle from Amazon for $7.85.
2. A Cantu curling cream with a droolworthy ingredient list — I'm talking coconut oil, shea butter, almond oil, avocado oil, olive oil, and mango seed butter all stuffed into a jar of hydrating goodness. You can even use it on dry hair to revitalize your curls when you have zero time to jump in the shower.
Promising review: "You have to try it! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! I put it in my hair while it's still wet and go to bed with it in. In the morning, I literally don't have to touch my hair… It's already perfect as is! Wow!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $6.48.
3. A conditioning spray by Honest that'll detangle unruly hair with a blend of argan oil, shea butter, and quinoa extract. It also smells like a blend of orange and vanilla, so you'll be smelling and looking like a snack.
Promising review: "Ok. I’ve tried a plethora of hair detanglers for both of my daughters type 4c African American hair. I was very skeptical at first being that this is not marketed for such hair, but after seeing a YouTubers success with it, I decided to give it a shot. I am amazed. I sprayed a little bit on my daughters washed and dried hair; took the tangles and knots right out!!!!!! With ease. I will now stock up on these. This left her hair moisturized, but not too greasy and smelling great. I’m very impressed!" —Tiffany F.
Promising review: "This stuff is a holy grail product for me for a reason I wasn’t expecting! I bought this to keep in my beach bag for days out on the boat. My hair is always a tangled mess by the end of the day, so I thought this would help. It definitely helps with tangles, but it also has tamed my frizz so well that I use it every day now! I spray it on right out of the shower and comb through. I have also sprayed it on dry hair on days when I didn’t wash my hair. It’s fantastic!" —Chelsea
Get it from Amazon for $6.49.
4. A deeply conditioning TGIN hair mask with castor oil and biotin to promote hair growth and papaya to reduce shedding. You can leave it on for up to an hour for maximum results, so go ahead and throw on a sheet mask while you're at it.
The mask is designed to work for both low-porosity and high-porosity hair types, so it's a safe choice for anyone experiencing breakage and dryness.
Tgin (aka Thank God It's Natural) is a Black woman-owned business in Chicago.
Promising review: "My scalp felt invigorated after applying. I left the masque on overnight and when I rinsed the next morning my scalp felt refreshed and clean. I actually think this product also aided in elongating my curls. Hair looks hydrated as well! I plan to use every two weeks." —Dawn M.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
5. A Briogeo leave-in conditioning spray featuring coconut and argan oil to take your hair from matted, stringy, and tangled to smooth, wavy, and shiny.
The spray is designed for all hair types, though reviewers say a little goes a long way for straight, fine hair.
Promising review: "Use it on wet and dry hair. It’s my go to leave-in-conditioner. I always make sure to take a bottle when I travel. Leaves my hair soft." —Tellitall
Briogeo is a Black-owned, woman-owned business specializing in hair care.
Get it from Amazon for $25 (available in two sizes).
6. A L'Oréal repairing hair treatment that takes just eight seconds — yes, eight seconds! — to repair damage and restore shine. Apply it after shampoo but before conditioner and let the amino acids and "lamellar water technology" work their magic to smooth your hair without weighing it down.
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me, I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair ... I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen." —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
7. Or!! L'Oreal's Wonder Water in-shower detangler — it also takes just eight seconds to work its magic, but this formula is specifically focused on giving your tangle-free tresses. Just apply to wet hair, count to eight, then rinse out and marvel at your gloriously glassy hair.
The detangling formula will work best for long, straight hair, though it will still add shine to shorter, thicker hair types as well.
Promising review: "I was shocked with how amazing this product made my hair feel and look. I got compliments several times after using. It reduced the time it takes for me to dry, straighten and curl. Amazing." —Tami M.
Get it from Amazon for $8.09.
8. A popular Herstyler serum made with argan oil, vitamin E, and aloe vera to control frizz and give you a silky smooth sheen that'll practically glimmer when you step out into the sun. It's like the "glass skin" trend, but for your hair!
9. An OGX air-dry leave-in cream so you can get perfectly tousled waves without the use of any styling tools. It's perfect for fooling everyone into thinking you just came from a fancy salon when you barely had time to even brush your hair.
According to reviewers, this cream will add a slight bit of volume to thin, fine hair or enhance the waves in those with thick, curly hair.
Promising review: "I'm so grateful that I found this product. My hair is wavy and frizzy. Every once in a great while my waves resemble curls but the frizz is always there. I've only used this product one time so far and I never want to be without it. I put some on after towel drying (no brushing) my hair, and my waves actually resembled curls! It wasn't instant so I was skeptical but after about 15 minutes I caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror and I was amazed. It looked styled rather than a ratty mess. I slept on it and it still looked great in the morning!!!" —mich0610
Get it from Amazon for $6.97.
10. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo so you can keep your shade of brown looking vibrant and glossy instead of dull and muted.
Reviewers with thin-to-wavy hair types seem to have the best results.
Promising review: "I purchased this shampoo, and my hair looks golden brown instead of brown with a lot of gray underneath. I didn't want the mess of coloring my own hair nor did I think I could do as good a job as my hairdresser, so I was so pleased that Frieda's Shampoo did the job. I definitely recommend this shampoo along with the Brilliant Brunette conditioner." —Dan Cremeans
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
11. An Eden BodyWorks leave-in conditioner made with coconut oil and shea butter that not only moisturizes, but also helps clump curls together for some impressively bouncy volume. It's the closest you can get to having a live-in hairstylist for $8.
Eden BodyWorks is a Black woman-owned business established in 2004 that specializes in natural products to nurture, restore, and maintain hair. Reviewers with 2A through 4C hair mention it working well for them!
Promising review: "This product is soooo moisturizing! I have type 4b/4c hair with some 4a in the front and I’m low porosity, and my hair loves this product! The consistency is really nice and it smells good too. You don’t need a lot either." —Shanteshia
Get it from Amazon for $8.74.
12. A Shea Moisture anti-frizz curl mousse for anyone who comes this close to throwing their hair brush out of the window every morning. The lightweight yet super hydrating formula will have your strands feeling manageable, silky smooth, bouncy, and voluminous all at the same time. Sometimes dreams really do come true.
Promising review: "This magic foam is epic! I never thought a hair product would change my life, but this one did. It's so incredibly lightweight, you feel like there is nothing in your hair. I get volume and definition without any of the drawbacks of normal products." —Kathy C.
Get it from Amazon for $8.69.
13. A well-loved "defunk" spray by Uncle Funky's Daughter — it uses lavender and rosemary to neutralize odors without absorbing your hair's natural oils. It'll also soothe an itchy scalp and help you extend the time in between washes if you're trying to cut back during the summer months.
Uncle Funky's Daughter is a Black woman-owned company that was acquired by Renee Morris in 2014. She has used her own 20+-year natural hair journey to expand the natural haircare line.
Promising review: "Smells so good and is not overbearing at all. I've tried a lot on my locks and this is the best I've found in five years!" —Loe55
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
14. A Hair Dance dry shampoo powder to refresh your hair and provide some impressive volume with just a few shakes. Just sprinkle in your roots, brush through, and marvel at your luxuriously luscious locks.
Promising review: "I love that this is a powder and not a stinky aerosol spray. That also means that this lasts MUCH longer. I use it every other day when I don't wash my hair since I have very oily roots. I've been using it for almost a month and barely any is missing out of the bottle. A little goes a long way." —R.G.
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in two sizes and two scents).
15. An Arctic Fox semi-permanent hair dye made without peroxide and ammonia, so you won't have to worry about damaging your strands when you feel like switching up your color. It'll work best on pre-lightened hair, but many reviewers say it also provides an impressive tint on dark hair as well!
The reviewer above used the shade "Ritual."
Promising review: "Love it! The product smells fantastic and is easy to apply. I have fairly long hair and one bottle was more than enough. I had previously bayalaged my hair about six months ago and the color took very well to the highlights we put in. It came out darker where my natural brown is and much brighter (pinkish burgundy) where it was previously bleached." —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in two sizes and 27 colors).
16. Or Kristin Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint for when you want to experiment with your hair color but are also dealing with some serious commitment issues. All you have to do is wash your hair, give it a few sprays, then rinse after two minutes to give your strands a subtle hint of rose gold that lasts for up to three shampoos.
Check out this TikTok by @leeleeslimthick!
Promising review: "I absolutely love this stuff. There's no commitment and no staining the hair. It is literally a put-in-and-wash-out product. I have platinum-blonde hair and there was no tint of pink left behind or anything. I love this stuff! It's gives you rose-gold pink hair, so beautiful." —Lee
Get it from Amazon for $15.
17. A TGIN styling mousse made with rose water and acai berries to help define your curls and stop them from doing their own thing by the time the afternoon rolls around.
Promising review: "This is my favorite hair system for my curly, 3a–3c, medium-coarse, very dry hair. This mousse makes my hair soft and bouncy and it hold the curl well. My hair does not get as dry and frizzy as it used to. This gets reactivated easily with the Curl Refresher Spray, and my curls last for days." —ShaniAZ
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
18. A Marc Anthony leave-in conditioning spray that'll help you grow the long locks of your dreams. It's made with biotin, caffeine, and ginseng, so it's basically like an espresso shot to your scalp. Get ready to take one of those "how it started vs. how it's going" photos.
Promising review: "So I used this for the first time last night, my hair still feels soft today which is not normal for me. I'm African American 4C hair which I normally would have to moisturize twice a day, but just once with this Marc Anthony seem to be enough. I used it on dry hair by the way. I'll use when i wash my hair to see the difference....Ok, so two weeks later, I'm definitely seeing less breakage. Hard to tell growth when you have kinky hair but my hair smells so amazing, and it's not fragile as before." —Ankia
Promising review: "I have been using this set for about two weeks now, and I have noticed thickening of my hair and growth around my ears. My hair normally takes forever to grow. So seeing any kind of growth at all in two weeks to me is a miracle. It also smells wonderful and makes my hair feel amazingly soft!!" —Robin Counts
Get it from Amazon for $7.67.
19. A Moroccanoil treatment made with argan oil and linseed seed extract that you can use on both wet or dry hair to tame flyaways, reduce frizz, or simply add some extra moisture and shine when your hair is looking a little limp. It'll add shine to straight hair types and provide some definition to curly, coily hair types.
Promising review: "My holy grail hair oil. I have shoulder length 2A hair and like to let it air dry, especially in the summer, and this product is the difference between a frizzy mess of flyaways and neat, defined, shiny and healthy looking beach waves. It's the best, and it smells so good without being overpowering. I've even gotten my husband hooked on it." —Peebles9
Another promising review: "Great for curly girls. I really like this product. I have 3b/3c type hair and my hair needs a large amount when it comes to this specific type of oil (argan). I find that with other oils my hair needs less amount to achieve the desired look. It's good, it makes my curls feel protected and locked in moisture for at least 4-5 days before having to reapply some hydration...When I blow out my hair, I use this afterwards for some shine and sealing. It works great. Pricey but it's worth it." —cyanide87
20. A wildly popular Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo that uses ketoconazole 1% to fight dandruff and relieve itchy scalps.
For best results, the brand recommends using it every three to four days for up to eight weeks.
Promising review: "MIRACLE PRODUCT!!! If you have dandruff, flaky scalp, scabs, etc... BUY THIS! I was about to go to the dermatologist if this stuff didn’t work. Thank goodness I saved myself hundreds of dollars by giving this product a shot. I used it four to five times (over a month), and it cleared my scalp almost completely. One more use and my scalp will be 120% healed! This stuff blew my mind. Totally worth it." —chris
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.
21. An Ogx leave-in conditioning cream — it'll define your natural curls and have them bouncing around all day long! Just apply some to your towel-dried hair and let the cold-pressed argan oil work its magic.
Promising review: "Absolutely love this stuff! It's the one hair product I have to have. I rotate shampoos and conditioners but have never found anything to put on damp hair that I like as much as this. It says it's for curls, but works great on straight hair, too." —Bunco Queen of the Universe
Get it from Amazon for $5.72.