25 Popular Toys That'll Still Get To You In Time For The Holidays
The holiday rush is already here, but there's still hope for you last-minute shoppers.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A transforming octopus, which is deceptively simple but will keep them mesmerized for days. They can even use the plushie to let you know what kind of day they're having without saying a word.
2. Hope the Healing Husky, because playing veterinarian with their real pet is probably not a great idea. The included medical bag comes with everything they need to get Hope the Husky back to their energetic self if they're having a bit of a "no bones day."
3. A Leapfrog learning pot — which is basically a toy version of the ever-popular Instant Pot. The "choppable" Velcro veggies will keep them occupied long enough for their parents to prepare a real meal, and for that they'll be forever grateful.
4. An adorable hedgehog toy so the tiny tot on your list can build their fine motor skills while they stick the peg-shaped pieces into Spike's back. They'll be having way too much fun to even realize it's educational.
6. A talking microscope featuring the voice of Bindi Irwin for the aspiring scientist who's curious about all things nature. It comes with 20 slides to peek through, each with their own interesting facts.
7. Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, which is about to become their new favorite card game. It takes only about a minute to learn, and each fast-paced game lasts around 10–15 minutes.
Here's how to play: You deal all the cards out to your two to four players, and everyone keeps their mini deck face down. Everyone takes a turn putting a card down in the middle of the table, saying one of the words "taco," "cat," "goat," "cheese," and "pizza," in that order. If the picture on your card matches the word that's said, everyone slaps their hand on the card in a pile as quickly as possible. The last person on the pile has to take the stack and add them to their cards, and whoever runs out of cards first wins!
Promising review: "Ridiculous in a good way! I was skeptical about how much I may enjoy this game being in my mid-thirties. But it's a lot of fun! Easy to learn, easy to play, my 8-year-old has lots of fun with it. Its a great family game with the potential to be a late-night more adult-oriented event if you’re picking up what I'm throwing down. Cheers!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.