We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about the food and dishes they like to eat when they want to feel like they're back home. Here are some of their answers:
1. Spam musubi makes some feel closer to Hawaii.
2. Others like to eat anything their mom makes, even if it's a ~mysterious~ recipe.
3. Baklava reminds some people of their grandmothers.
4. With every bite, Guatemalan rellenitos can make some feel like they're back in the Central American country.
5. Tea and biscuits are among the things that make Londoners feel nostalgic.
6. Chicken soup with glass noodles brings some Filipinos back to the Philippines.
7. People from Rochester, NY, would agree that nothing tastes like home like a garbage plate does.
8. Some recipes can make you feel closer to people that are no longer around.
9. Mom snacks > any other snacks.
10. Some chain restaurants are responsible for making people feel less homesick.
11. Like Skyline Chili's spaghetti covered in cheese and chili.
12. Crab cakes are the stuff people Marylanders dream about.
13. Sometimes, your family's salsa recipe can make a tiny New York apartment feel like Phoenix, Arizona.
14. Kansas City BBQ is a wonderful thing, unless you're far from home, of course.
15. Rougail Saucisse is a special dish for the people of Reunion Island.
16. Bread with a piece of quark cheese is a Polish favorite.
17. Australia is far, far away, but there are a couple of foods that can make you feel closer to the land down under.
18. Cheese wiz sandwiches remind some people of their childhood.
19. Seasoning that tastes like home? If you're from the Chesapeake Bay area, you know you always have Old Bay on deck.
20. Some dishes just have the power to make you feel better.
21. Nothing says "I'm home," like tater tots and American candy.
22. Choclate can cure many things, especially when found in brigadeiros.
23. And some people really miss their hometown's food — but that's about the only thing they miss from home.
Some responses have been lightly edited and condensed for clarity.