15 Life-Saving Products For Anybody With Oily Eyelids
Turns out eye makeup *can* stay on all day without smudging.
1. Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion will keep eye makeup poppin' and in place.
2. Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer works wonders, even when you're actively sweating.
"I have both hooded eyes and insanely oily lids. I'm also a dance teacher, so I sweat, a lot. This is THE ONLY primer that has kept my eye makeup on, without creasing, through teaching for hours on end, as well as performing under hot lights. I've tried multiple, high-end primers (UD Primer Potion was a HUGE fail for me) and this $5 one is the only thing that has worked. And worked super well, I might add." —Kylie Casino, Facebook
You can get it from Walmart for $4.68.
3. If you think your oily lids are in need of a miracle, or perhaps some witchcraft, try Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer.
9. Sometimes it's not about the product, but the technique. Just bake your eyes with some translucent powder and you're good to go.
"Primer, primer, primer. It doesn't matter what kind, just prime your lids before adding liner, shadow, glitter, etc. Add matte setting spray as a finishing touch. Extra tip: I use a matte setting spray on my face even when I don't wear makeup, it helps cut the shine all day! Stay fierce!" —midtermmassacre
13. Avoid creamier eyeliners, remember to use setting powder under your eyes, and "take a bath" in setting spray.
"So much freaking setting powder underneath the eyes. Gotta take care of that area too. As for eyeliner, I prefer pencil liners that are stiffer in texture. Creamier pencils don't last and smudge. Stay away from kohl and kajal as these are typically created to be smudged. And then take a bath in setting spray." —Ashley Wang, Facebook
Get e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Power for $3 and Urban Decay's All Nighter Long-Lasting Setting Spray for $31.
14. Too Faced Shadow Insurance locks down eyeshadow and liner for up to 24 hours.
"I've had incredibly oily eyelids since I was a teenager. I bought all those expensive eyeshadow palettes but I was pretty much throwing away my money and time because all my beautiful eyeshadow looks turned into a creasy, greasy blur by noon. Then, I tried a sample of Too Faced Shadow Insurance and my life changed. My eyeshadow and eyeliner stayed perfectly in place and DRY from morning 'til night. I've put my eye makeup on at 7:30 a.m. and it still looks FLAWLESS if I get home 12-13 hours later. I'm not kidding. I know it's a little pricey, but it's so worth it. Can't recommend enough." —Yamini Raja, Facebook
You can get it from Ulta for $20.
15. Make Up For Ever Translucent Powder + NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base + MAC Painterly Paint Pot = Flawless eye makeup.
"My oily eyelid combo that, since discovery, I have never had eyeshadow crease, fade, or melt off is: a thin sweep of translucent powder over my eyelids, then NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, followed by MAC Painterly Paint Pot (Soft Ochre would work as well, but it should be matte as shimmer formulas are different) and then apply eyeshadow and it shouldn't budge or melt!" —Ashley Wang, Facebook
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.