4. “No, I don’t think you have to agree on silly things like who likes white meat and who likes dark meat, or who wants the thermostat set to 75 and who wants it set to 65. Temperament is important; temperature is not.”
— Mary, 58
8. “When you respect each other, emotionally and spiritually, the things that you or I or the church or the rabbi might classify as ‘dirty’ — I call that a deep connection. You have to be really connected with someone to have sex on the hood of a car.”
— Eddie, 41
13. “Don’t sit together when you go out to dinner with other people. In America, if you have a table of 10 people, they seat the couples together, which is a terrible idea
because A) you have nothing to talk about when you get home because you’ve been with each other the whole time. And B) there’s nothing more boring than sitting next to a couple that has this kind of insular feeling.”
— Paul, 38
15. “There is something absolutely divine — I mean, literally, the breath of God — in the ability to put someone else in your heart, to think of them first.
But from the time of the greatest pornographer who ever lived, Shakespeare, we’ve demanded that love be something more. No, fuck Shakespeare — since the Song of Songs! And what happens is, the utter grandeur and magnificence of what love actually is gets overshadowed by this disappointment that it’s not the way we fantasized it should be.”
— Jim, 55
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.