1. You've been every character in the nativity pageant, regardless of gender.
2. There was always a little bit of drama between the moms over whose daughter would play Mary every year.
3. You were the kid that cried when it was your families’ turn to light the advent candle in front of the whole congregation.
4. You knew you were a big kid when you finally got to go to the 11pm candlelight service instead of the 5pm family one.
5. You sang happy birthday to Jesus on Christmas morning, and even blew out a candle for him in your cinnamon roll.
6. Your parents made you watch The Small One every year.
7. You did a nativity play with your Barbies for your parents every Christmas Eve.
8. You read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, and thought that one girl was such a rebel for calling Mary pregnant instead of “with child.”
9. Your parents always debated which was more significant to put on the tree, the angel (your mom) or the star (your dad).
10. Your parents made you go caroling with traditional hymns to all of your friend’s houses, even though you died inside from the embarrassment.
11. From said caroling, you know all five jillion verses to “Hark the Herald Angels Sing,” “Away In A Manger,” and “Silent Night.”
12. Your parents complained every year about the commercialization of Christmas.
13. You prayed for Santa’s safety while he was delivering presents.
14. Your parents hid baby Jesus from your manger scene until Christmas morning, when he miraculously appeared.
15. You participated musicals with titles like “Meet Me At The Manger,” and you still know all the lyrics to the songs.
16. You argued with your siblings about who got to eat the chocolate out of the advent calendar each day.
17. Your parents dragged you to homeless shelters to throw Christmas parties for the kids...
Merry Christmas everyone!