⅓ cup butter
⅓ cup flour
3 cups milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chiles, undrained
¾ teaspoon salt
1 pound package hot ground pork sausage
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 onions, diced
Green pepper, diced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
7 large eggs, beaten
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
5 8-inch flour tortillas
1 jalapeño, diced
Cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
3. Whisking constantly, add milk stir until thickened.
4. Add shredded cheddar and shredded jalepeño.
5. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink.
6. Drain well, pressing between paper towels.
7. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, then add green onions and cilantro. Sauté 1 minute.
8. Add eggs, salt, and pepper, and scramble until eggs are cooked but still moist.
9. Remove from heat, add 1½ cups cheese sauce and sausage.
10. Spoon about ⅓ cup egg mixture down the center of each flour tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in a lightly greased medium baking dish. Pour remaining cheese sauce evenly over tortillas.
11. Bake at 350°F/180˚C for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.