Makes: 6 rolls
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ white onion, sliced into half moons
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 pound flank steak
1 4-ounce package baby spinach
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180˚C.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Combine the red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and cook until the peppers have softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, but not burnt.
3. Lay the flank steak on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle the spinach on top of the steak, and then spoon the pepper and onion mixture on top, spreading it evenly across. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
5. Starting at the bottom of the flank steak, roll it up tightly, making sure the grain of the meat is running horizontally.
6. Use 6 toothpicks to secure the steak roll. Slice the steak roll into 6 equal rolls.
7. Heat the remaining oil in a pan over high heat. Sear the steak rolls on one side for 1-2 minutes, then flip.
8. Sear the second side for about 1 minute, then bake for 10-15 minutes, until medium-rare.
9. Remove the toothpicks, then serve. Enjoy!