1. Reynolds is the youngest of four boys.
Do you think they all look like that?
2. He had a crazy scary skydiving incident when his parachute didn't open on the first try.
He subsequently became afraid of flying, which makes sense since he lived an ACTUAL NIGHTMARE.
3. Reynolds was offered the role of Xander on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
He turned it down.
4. He's a writer!
You can find some of his contributions to The Huffington Post here.
5. The Reynolds are a law-upholding family. His father (before retirement) and his two brothers are cops.
Is being that handsome a crime? Because if it is...
Okay, I'll stop.
6. He got his first break when he won a role on the teen soap, Hillside.
He auditioned with 5000 other hopefuls. Hillside was later renamed Fifteen when it aired in the states.
7. He spent one semester in college before heading to L.A. to pursue his acting career.
In college, he worked at Safeway. If Twitter had existed then, we might have had a #RyanFromSafeway phenomenon.
8. Upon arriving in L.A., he tried to join the improv group, "The Groundlings".
Unfortunately, it didn't work out.
9. Reynolds' first wedding, to Scarlett Johansson, took place in Canada in 2008.
They were married near Tofino, B.C.
10. Reynolds was also once engaged to Alanis Morissette.
#CanadianCoupleGoals, though it's hard to imagine him looking at anyone else the way he looks at Blake Lively.
11. Gosling grew up in a very religious Mormon home.
His parents were converted by door-to-door missionaries.
12. Two of his favourite places in L.A. are The Magic Castle and Disneyland.
The happiest place on earth + Ryan Gosling? SO. ON. BOARD. [source]
13. After starring in a little movie called The Notebook, Gosling decided to try his hand working at a local sandwich shop.
(JK...it wasn't Subway)
14. Though they later dated, Gosling did NOT initially get along with Rachel McAdams on the set of The Notebook.
Heartbreaking news to 2000s girls everywhere.
15. While in Elementary, Gosling brought steak knives to school and threw them at other students.
He was influenced by the movie, First Blood...
16. Not afraid to get his hands dirty, Gosling spent 6 months laying his own plumbing in his Moroccan restaurant, Tagine, when he couldn't afford renovations.
He's a man who can work with his hands.
17. Gosling was supposed to play Jack Salmon in 2009's The Lovely Bones, but he lost the part because he gained too much weight.
He imagined his character to be heavy, so he drank melted Haagen Dazs to put on pounds. The director, Peter Jackson, disagreed with Gosling's vision for the character.
18. Gosling has a band called Dead Man's Bones.
Before starting the band, he didn't know how to play any instruments. He spent a year learning.
19. While filming the first season of The Mickey Mouse Club, Gosling was the sole family bread-winner.
They lived in a trailer park down the street from the studio.