3. His voice is beautiful (as is his face)
“’A voice as soft as wild honey dripping from a tree’– Kipling describing Bagheera, the black panther in The Jungle Book; it could equally be applied to Kaufmann, whose baritonal timbre and almost smoky half tones make his Siegmund intensely masculine.”
Mark Pullinger, opera britannia
wild honey? black panther? smoky? intensely masculine? Say no more.
4. Listen to him sing!
Yep, definitely wild honey intensely masculine smoky loveliness
6. And, he’s great in it (of course)
“At 43 Mr. Kaufmann is in his glory, equally adept in German, Italian and French repertory. Handsome and limber, he is a natural onstage. The baritonal colorings of his sound, his clarion top notes, the blend of virility and tenderness in his singing, his refined musicianship — all these strengths come together in his distinctive Parsifal.”
Anthony Tommasin (NYTimes)
GET IT JONAS
12. He recently released an album entitled ‘Wagner’
He decided to record it to honor Wagner’s 200th anniversary in 2013. It is his 6th solo album, though he has been featured on many more. ‘Wagner’ has climbed the itunes classical charts and is currently no. 1 in the UK!
13. Aside from all this, he’s humble
“Most people who write about me claim that I’ve always been a successful artist, but in actual fact it was long doubtful whether I would study singing at all, and later on there was no real success on my horizon.”
OH JONAS, YOU MAKE MY HEAD SWIM
15. He’s graced the pages of Vogue
He was featured in May 2012’s Vogue in an article entitled “Lord of the Ring: Jonas Kaufmann.” The article focused on his role in the Met’s production of Wagner’s Der Ring des Nibelungen, and included photographs by Norman Jean Ray. He was also mentioned in December 2011’s magazine for his performance in Faust.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- What Brexit can tell us about how the U.S. presidential election is going. Note: it's not the same thing as Trump.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.