Hello friends, I come bearing fun, festive news: the Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood is back!
And, like always, there are plenty of holiday-themed foods, activities, and rides to enjoy this season. So, here's a look at allllll the fun things you can do (and some hot tips, too!).
1. First of all, you should know that the Holidays at Universal Studios this year runs now through Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023.
2. And all the Holiday Festivities are included in the price of theme park admission.
3. If you're visiting on the weekend, keep in mind that lines for rides and attractions can get VERY long. (We were there on a Saturday and most rides had an over 100-minute wait time.)
4. One of the most popular areas to visit at the park during the holidays is the "Grinchmas Who-bilation" in Universal Plaza.
5. During Grinchmas there are special activities like photo ops with the Grinch...
6. ...and even with his faithful dog Max.
7. You can also enjoy story time with sweet Cindy-Lou Who.
8. Or you can mail postcards and holiday messages from the Who-ville post office.
9. But, without a doubt, the most POPULAR thing to do in this area is watch the tree lighting ceremony of the 65-foot-tall Grinchmas tree at night.
10. And be sure to arrive at the plaza early to get into the viewing area for the tree lighting ceremony because it gets REALLY CROWDED.
But let's take a few moments to talk about some of the FOOD because PHEW, there's a lot...
11. There are fun Grinch-themed treats you can snack on this year like a "Max 22" hot dog topped with beef chili, cheddar cheese, and potato sticks...
12. ...a yummy roasted chicken & Brie croissant with stuffing, cranberry mayo, and lettuce (one of my personal favorites this year)...
13. ...a savory smoked brisket sandwich served on a pretzel bun with crispy onions and slaw...
14. ...and holiday popcorn chicken & waffle served with gravy and cranberry sauce!
15. As for the SWEET treats, there's A LOT to check out like this butterscotch pudding jar which has layers of pudding, graham cracker crumbs, and whipped frosting.
16. And I personally recommend the gingerbread Who-Ville tree cookie covered in frosting and sprinkles.
17. There's also a holiday Minion sugar cookie...
18. ...or a charming snow globe cookie, too.
19. You can embrace your inner basic self while noshing on this cute pumpkin spice caramel cupcake.
20. Or GO BIG with this super-sized, delectable Grinch donut (it's bigger than my hand!)...
21. ...or a seasonal chocolate wreath donut if that's more your thing. (Both come in a handy box in case you wanna save some for later, BTW!)
22. There's even a Grinch funnel cake covered in cranberry compote, whipped cream, and a gummy heart two sizes too small...
23. Want something ~boozy~ to wash all this goodness down? Try out a hot pear cider...
24. ...or a hot buttered rum.
25. For something more refreshing, there's a Grinch's heart, which has a sour apple flavor (and comes in a non-alcoholic, lemonade version, too).
26. And, for more family-friendly options, there's always a warm and cozy peppermint hot chocolate. (SO GOOD.)
27. For even more ~magic~ you can check out Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There, you can meander the streets of Hogsmeade to admire the festive decor.
28. Or stop and listen to the Hogwarts Frog Choir as they sing a special holiday a capella show.
29. At night, there's also the dazzling “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle" light projection show.
30. At The Three Broomsticks, you can enjoy the seasonal English holiday dinner which features roasted turkey, sourdough stuffing, ginger-glazed carrots, Brussels sprouts, bacon-wrapped sausage, turkey gravy, and cranberry sauce. Truly a feast!
31. And keep in mind that The Three Broomsticks is VERY POPULAR this time of year, so expect there to be a line. (But, don't worry, it moves pretty fast!)
32. And, finally, you ABSOLUTELY have to treat yourself to a hot butterbeer, which you can also get at The Three Broomsticks!
Editor’s Note: BuzzFeed does not support discriminatory or hateful speech in any form. We stand by the LGBTQ+ community and all fans who found a home in the Harry Potter series and will work to provide a safe space for fans. If you, like us, feel impassioned about trans rights, learn more or donate here.