1. Wasting all your battery life trying to beat your friends' top Snake scores on this bad boy:
2. Lusting after Neo's phone in The Matrix:
"It slides down? COOOOOL."
3. Dressing up as "new teen pop sensation" Britney Spears for Halloween:
As best you could anyway with what you could find at the local mall.
4. Or going with a "classic" group costume instead:
Sure, that movie was two years old, but like...girl power!!!
5. And, perhaps, making the mistake of dressing up as your favorite new movie character:
6. Writing college essays on your "brand-new-and-amazing" iBook G3:
7. Having to use a CD to get (free) internet access:
8. Thinking this was a "cool" search engine:
9. And if you were tech-savvy, catching wind of some new search engines too:
10. Saving your school papers (and "funny" pictures) on this:
11. Discovering the greatest thing to happen to music in your young life:
12. But still having something like this as the centerpiece of your bedroom...
13. ...which is what you used to obsessively practice your favorite new dance routine:
14. And, of course, where you learned what a "scrub" is.
15. Watching everyone freak out about Y2K.
16. Even brands that had nothing to do with tech.
17. Lining your bedroom walls with "racy" Abercrombie & Fitch quarterly pics.
18. Wanting pastel jeans after seeing Gap's West Side Story-inspired campaign:
19. Witnessing this dress...and all the aftermath that came with it:
**softly** "Yay, South Park!"