1 bar pure castile soap
2½ cups washing soda (also known as Soda Ash or Laundry Soda - you can find it in the cleaning aisle of most major grocery stores)
1 cup distilled white vinegar
Essential oil of your preference (only if not using a scented castile soap)
2 ice cube trays
Box grater or blender/food processor
1. Grate the castile soap using a box grater. You can also cut it into chunks and blend in a food processor.
2. In a large bowl, add soap, washing soda, vinegar and 10-15 drops of essential oil (if using). 3. Stir immediately until combined and chunks begin to form. Add a little more vinegar if necessary. (Avoid touching the mixture directly with your hands, as it can dry out your skin.)
4. Spoon mixture into ice cube trays and pack down tightly with the back of the spoon.
5. Let sit to dry overnight.
6. Use one pod per load of laundry in both regular and HE washing machines.