Apple Cider Hot Toddy
1½ oz shot Crown Royal Regal Apple Whisky
½ cup strongly brewed spiced black or chai tea
½ cup apple cider syrup, heated
Spiced apple cider syrup
2 cups apple cider ¼ cup honey
1 cinnamon stick
2 tbsp of fresh ginger, sliced
½ teaspoon whole cloves
½ teaspoon whole allspice
Pinch of salt
½ cup lemon juice
1. In a large saucepan, add 2 cups apple cider, honey, cinnamon stick, ginger, cloves, allspice, and salt.
2. Bring to a boil and then simmer about 20 mins until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Take syrup off of the heat and stir in lemon juice.
4. Strain syrup into a jar.
5. In a glass, pour ¼ cup cider syrup and add 1 shot of Crown Royal Apple. Top with ½ cup of the strongly brewed tea, and finish with the ½ cup of hot cider syrup.
6. Garnish with a cloved apple and lemon twist.