1. Ted Bundy graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in Psychlogy, and volunteered at Seattle's suicide prevention hot line.
Ted Bundy confessed to killing 40 women before he was executed in 1989.
2. John Wayne Gacy was happily married, a successful shoe salesman and vice-president of his local Jaycees organization.
John Wayne Gacy confessed to killing 24 young men and was executed in 1994.
3. Jeffrey Dahmer was an active and outspoken proponent of gay rights in the Milwaukee area.
Jeffrey Dahmer was sentenced to 15 life terms for the deaths of 15 young men, but was beaten to death in prison in 1994.
4. Richard Angelo was an Eagle Scout and volunteer fire fighter.
Richard Angelo was said to have killed 25 people in his quest to be known as a hero by injecting them with Pavulon and Anectine before attempting to revive them.
5. Andrew Cunanan had very superior intelligence, testing with an I.Q. of 147, while in high school.
Andrew Cunanan murdered 5 men, including Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace.
6. Harold Shipman was a respected General Practitioner in Hyde, England, and even appeared on a documentary as an expert on mental illness in the area.
Harold Shipman was thought to have killed over 250 people. He was convicted for 15 murders, and hanged himself in his cell in 2004.
7. Karl Denke was beloved member of his community and played the organ at his local church.
Denke murdered and cannibalized 30 people. He even sold human flesh at the local market in Ziebice, Poland.
8. Dennis Nilsen in the Royal British Army for 11 years, earning a General Service Medal.
Nilsen is known to have killed 15 men and boys. He as caught when a drain cleaning company found human flesh clogging his pipes.
9. Dr. Henry Howard Holmes was a certified public accountant and City Manager of Orlando, Florida in 1880.
Holmes confessed to killing 27 people, mostly during the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago.
10. Phillip Markoff was a member of the National Honor Society, history club and the Youth Court.
Philip Markoff, better known as "The Craigslist Killer," murder of Julissa Brisman and robbed three other women in Boston, Massachusetts.