Here's The Story Of How A Half-Naked Drunk Dude Flooded Rogers Centre

    The true story of the drunken urinal valve yanker!

    On Sept. 18, the Blue Jays were at home playing the Boston Red Sox. At one point during the game, water started flooding into a concourse at Rogers Centre.

    People said it was the result of a fan ripping a urinal off the wall.

    Some idiot pulled a urinal out of the wall at this @bluejays game and now it's a nightmare/flood in the 520s

    Globe And Mail sports columnist Cathal Kelly said the man was "half-naked" when he allegedly ripped the urinal from the wall.

    Further to Urinalgate, drunken Rogers Centre fan was half-naked as he pulled urinal off wall. The wrong half.

    Some reports claimed it was a children's urinal.

    Others claimed a drunk man fell asleep and then ripped it out of the wall.

    Drunk man fell asleep taking a leak, pulled the urinal off the wall and flooded the upper concourse of Rogers Centre. #cheapseats #bluejays

    Which sounds kinda difficult.

    There was lots of media coverage, but no one knew for sure what caused a man to allegedly rip a urinal from the wall. Mashable declared it all a "baffling mystery" after a photo emerged online claiming to show the offender in the act.

    Well, now the mystery has been solved. Meet Peter Keppie (right). He told BuzzFeed Canada that he and two friends, Rob Kingsford and Anton Boner, saw it all happen. The three Brits were at the game and at one point headed to the bathroom.

    Here's a photo of the drunken fan in action. "I had just about switched to take a video when he pulled the valve off and this jet of water hit him in the chest and completely took him off his feet and smacked him into a wall," Keppie said.

    Keppie headed back to his seats and texted two friends about what he'd seen.

    She then sent it to her son, Jared Wayland, who later tweeted it at Cathal Kelly from the Globe.

    @cathalkelly ; #urinalgate as it happened @BlueJays #BlueJays

    Keppie said he soon deleted the photo from his phone, and was unable to show it to stadium security and the police when they approached him about what they'd seen.

    "We gave a statement and [the man] ended up getting walked away in handcuffs," Keppie said.

    Toronto Police told BuzzFeed Canada that a 25-year-old man has been charged with mischief over $5,000, motive to interfere with property and common nuisance. He is due to appear in court Oct. 10.

    But aside from all that, Keppie wants everyone in Canada to know that he and his friends had a "fucking unbelievable time" at Hoagie's (right) cottage in the Kawarthas during their Canadian vacation.

    Like and follow BuzzFeed Canada