1. We speak our own language - yarn porn really is a thing!
2. ... as is a yarn-gasm ;)
3. ... and yarn snobs.
4. Frogging is not a sex act conducted in front of frogs.
5. We like a good ‘knit & natter’ or a ‘stitch-n-bitch’.
6. Then there’s the yarn stash: it's not really stash... it's a whole lotta potential.
7. You will never find all the yarn stash. Ever!
8. We're not yarn addicts... we're yarn appreciators!
9. We don't always have to buy yarn. Sometimes we’re content to squeeze it and pet it lovingly in the shop.
10. NEVER interrupt a knitter when they're counting.
11. And if we make something for you, it means you're very special indeed. Appreciate the heck out of it, no matter how hideous you think it is.
12. Be supportive when we talk excitedly about a new project. Rolling your eyes and muttering under your breath will likely get you stabbed by two pointy things… repeatedly!
13. Love is... sacrificing your half of the bed so we can block that shawl/sweater/blanket.
14. They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. The way to a knitter's heart is yarn... lots and lots of yarn. Or yarn shop vouchers. Or both.
15. Offering to make dinner or do the housework while we're engrossed in our knitting will earn you a hell of a lot of brownie points.
16. Just one more row...
17. Knitting can be art, but vaginal knitting really isn't cool...
18. ... however, Yarnbombing is! We love to wrap public crap with woolly stuff :D
19. We can be precious about our craft: Knitting and Crochet are two very different things. Learn the difference and we'll love you forever.
20. And remember, knitting is for life not just for Christmas.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!