31 Things From Wayfair That’ll Help You Take Your Cooking To The Next Level
Pour a little bit of your takeout budget into these tools — it'll be worth it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A 12-piece, nonstick cookware set from Rachael Ray that comes with EVERYTHING — saute pans, lids, cooking utensils, and more —so you can tackle all those beginner recipes with confidence. Since this cookware set is available in seven colors, it'll definitely go with any kitchen decor theme you got going on—modern, diner-inspired, etc. Talk about style and functionality wrapped up all into one awesome set!
2. And a 42-piece kitchen utensil set so you can stir, whisk, flip, grate, and measure like you're Julia Child herself. And just in case you were curious, each piece in this set is nontoxic, as well as dishwasher-safe, so you won't have to scrub the spatulas, spoons, or whisks with a toothbrush just so stuck-on food comes off. Phew!
3. A countertop microwave to reheat leftovers, steam veggies, or defrost the pint of ice cream you've been hiding from your roommate in the back of your freezer. Because this microwave is equipped with automatic sensor controls, it'll cook food faster and more efficiently. Now, you won't have to eat a frozen burrito that is hot in some areas and still frozen in others (the worst).
4. A milk frother if cutting down on daily coffee shop visits is one of your biggest goals for 2022. Because this frother helps you improve your latte-making skills, all your friends will be asking you to make your special macchiatos every time they pay you a visit.
5. A 5-quart stand mixer with 10 speed settings for making all kinds of delish delectables, from bread to cookies to DIY pasta without totally exhausting your arms mixing by hand. Another perk? This mixer is also pretty purdy to look at, so it'll add a pop of color— really feelin' that dried rose shade, btw —to any kitchen countertop that's lacking something.
6. A tabletop rice cooker because if the smoke detectors go off each time you try to cook rice in a saute pan, try this appliance, which will help you cook a batch safely. Plus, while this cooker can come in handy for rice, it can also cook other dishes, like oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, pancakes, and more.
7. A 10 piece nonstick bakeware set so all your sweet thangs will rise evenly, can be removed from their pans smoothly, and won't require a complicated cleanup. Get ready to say bye-bye to dealing with infinite layers of cooking spray, steel wool soap pads, and muffin liners for good.
8. A meat thermometer that'll help you monitor your cooking temperatures when you're whipping up a meat, poultry, or fish entree, so you don't have to worry about overcooked brisket, or undercooked salmon (some real Y I K E S potential there). Since this thermometer pairs with its own app, you can see what's happening in the oven, even if you are in another part of the house.
9. A digital food scale with clear and easy-to-read numbers, so you can get the most precise measurements for all your culinary creations. After all, cooking is a lot like a science experiment anyway — so you'll want to make sure all the ingredients are calculated just right.
10. A manual pasta maker to make spaghetti, fettuccine, and angel hair pasta just like you trained under a master chef in Milan. Because this pasta maker comes with its very own recipe cookbook, it's also great for pasta-making newbies who want to familiarize themselves with all the key basics.
11. A six-egg cooker appliance for making soft, medium, or hardboiled eggs in just 12 minutes. But that's not all! This cooker also poaches eggs like a champ, so you can enjoy them as runny as you like. How eggcellent.
12. A high-speed countertop blender, if the smoothie maker you've been using for years stills leaves chunks of fruit unblended. Since this blender offers five different speeds, you can also use it to make salsa, pesto sauce, and other blended faves.
13. A 20-jar revolving spice rack set because if you just moved into a new place and have no spices to your name, this carousel will definitely be your fairy spice mother. Now you can add a dash of basil, rosemary, or herbs de Provence to all your dishes. Yummmm.
14. A 14-cup food processor with a shatterproof, heat- and cold- resistant work bowl, so you can chop, slice, and shred all your food ingredients in no time at all. The even better news is that this food processor is on the quiet side, so you won't have to worry about disturbing your neighbors when you're making your first-ever hummus.
15. A stainless-steel smokeless grill that brings those glorious char-marks to meats, poultry, fish, and veggies when you use it indoors. Now, you can get the juicy burgers you love in your belly, even when it's snowing like a mother outside.
16. An electric foldaway skillet so you can roast, fry, grill, stew, and bake to your heart's content. Now, if your oven is full, you'll have an extra place to whip up some yummy sides. Look at you, you multitasking meal magician!
17. A Belgian waffle maker to make all brunch Sundays a little sweeter. And this waffle maker doesn't just whip up breakfast—you can use it to make savory quesadillas, grilled cheese, and so much more. Looks like you just found your new culinary BFF.
18. A 20 piece self-sharpening block set that are perfect for those of you who have been using butter knives to cut your proteins and need something sharper to get the job done (no shame, btw — we've all been there). Since this set offers knives in all sizes, now you'll have the right one for any kind of culinary task.
19. A lobster cracker claw tool so you can open tough lobster claws and crab shells without cramping your hands in the process. It's actually pretty comfortable to hold! And since this claw tool also screams "summer," it'll also be a perfect addition to your LDW tablescape.
20. A 7-in-1 air fryer oven that has roast, bake, broil, air fry, reheat, dehydrate, and rotisserie settings, so you can cook food faster than your oven ever could, and with less grease than you'd get deep frying. Since this air fryer cooks food till it's crispy and golden, that bag of frozen fries will taste as good as the ones from your favorite fast food joint.
21. An electric coffee grinder with18 settings to grind beans down to perfection. Now, you can make coffee at home from scratch (and make your kitchen smell better than a espresso-scented candle in the process).
22. A frozen yogurt, ice cream, and sorbet maker so you can trade in all those frozen pints for homemade treats filled with delicious flavor. And while making ice cream on your own may seem complicated, this appliance makes it a piece of cake (ice cream cake, natch) — simply add your ingredients to the mixing bowl, and let the machine take care of the rest.
23. A pro food slicer because if your veggie lasagne recipe calls for paper-thin zucchini slices, this slicer will help you make the right cuts without any injuries. After all, we all know there's nothing worse than a dinner prep interrupted by kitchen cuts.
24. A four-piece glass measuring cup set if the small measuring spoon set you are currently using just isn't cutting it anymore. Since this cup set is made of glass, it's safe to use in the microwave and oven. Plus, it's also dishwasher-safe. What's not to love?
25. An adjustable rolling pin with removable rings because if you are tired of uneven dough is spoiling your baking fun, you can adjust the dough thickness like a champ. Now, your cookies will have the perfect amount of thickness each time you pop them in the oven.
26. A 3.5-liter deep fryer, so you can whip up all your fried faves, like deep-fried mac 'n' cheese, donuts, and fried ice cream, just to name a few. And because this fryer is also easy to clean, you won't have to spend more time scrubbing than actually using it. What a win-win!
27. A quesadilla maker for taking your Taco Tuesdays to new and flavorful heights. Because this appliance can make up to six wedges at a time, now you can fill all the hungry tummies in your house quickly. Taco Bell, eat your heart out!
28. An aluminum pressure canner and cooker with an easy-to-read gauge and an air vent cover lock, so you can make jars of pasta sauce, condiments, jams, and jellies that'll last you for months. You can personalize each to your tastes, and you know that you'll be saving money with every batch.
29. A three-piece bamboo cutting board set that is both sturdy and easy to use, so you can see any recipe from start to finish. Because each board in this set is different in size, you'll have one ready for any task big or small (and won't have to use a dinner plate to cut things).
30. A professional whisk with a nice sturdy handle so you can whip up salad dressings, whipped cream, and pancake batter without worrying about the dropsies as you use it. Because this whisk is also made of stainless steel, you'll have a kitchen tool you can use for a lifetime.
31. An eight-piece stainless-steel dough cutter set to cut cookies, tarts, and biscuits like the master baker you secretly are. Plus, each cutter in this piece in this set is different in size, so you'll have one for any kind of baking task.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.