1. Since 1980, the percentage people of color has more than tripled in Fairfax, VA.
2. Communities of color and immigrant populations are leading the county’s growth. Nearly 1 in 3 residents of Fairfax are immigrants.
3. Child poverty rates are 4 times higher among residents of color.
4. The region has seen a sharp rise in income inequality since 1979.
5. Residents of color in Fairfax are paid $9-16/hour less than their White counterparts.
6. Racial gaps in income cost the county $26B in 2012.
For more information on Fairfax or to see equity profiles for other metropolitan areas, check out the National Equity Atlas.