Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. Chunky ankle boots if you love shape-shifting shoes that'll complement any outfit. You get a bit of extra height but *not* the extra dose of pain OR the outrageous price tag, so these are a no-brainer.
Promising reviews: "I love everything about these boots. They are well made, very fashionable, and comfortable. I was a little concerned about the height of the heel being uncomfortable but I wore them to work all day and didn't have any problems with my feet hurting. Very happy with my purchase!" —momtojsh
"I have wide feet, so I am always scared to buy boots because they tend to be too tight on my feet and hurt after a while. But I ordered my normal size in these boots and they fit perfectly! I’m glad to finally have a pair of boots that don’t suffocate my feet." —Bethany Shaffer
Get them from Amazon for $32+ (available in sizes 5.5–11, including wide fits, and eight styles).
2. OR, a stretchy pair of block-heel boots for checking off two *very* important boxes on your list: ✅ fashionable and ✅ comfy. Be warned that once you put these boots on, you may never want to take 'em off.
Promising reviews: "They're very cute and high quality! The only thing is they are a little snug to slip on and off but they are extremely comfortable. They are a wide set, which is perfect to wear thicker socks with. And the bottom has stars! I want them in every color." —Angie
"So far these have held up. Pretty comfortable straight away even with my wide feet. I ordered my regular size." —RR
Get them from Amazon for $45.98 (available in sizes 5–11 and 20 colors)
3. Low wedge booties because you should be able to strut your stuff in a pair of cute heels without it resulting in a foot-related injury.
Promising review: "I have had these shoes for three months. They have held up phenomenally and have been extremely comfortable. This is the first pair of shoes I bought off Amazon and I'm actually coming back to buy another pair of similar booties by the same maker. I have wide feet and this is the first pair of shoes that have ever fit my feet comfortably where I can wear normal socks and not very thin ones. I can wear them all day long walking around and my feet never hurt. They look so cute, seem well made and are the perfect heel. Since they are "suede" and I live in the Midwest, I made sure to spray them before wearing them outside." —Kim Wolfgang
Get them from Amazon for $45.99 (available in sizes 5–12 and 10 styles).
4. Or lace-up ankle boot heels so you have a go-to adorable shoe that'll pair with almost any look you pull together. Reviewers love how comfy they are, especially when spending hours on your feet!
Promising review: "I was very weary that these shoes would have a right fit because I'm a size 7.5 and I have wide feet. Whenever I would buy boots, I would always have to order a half size up so they could fit right. People were saying that the shoe is wide enough, and I should just get my exact size. They definitely were not wrong! I ordered 7.5, and they arrived in perfect condition. The texture is suede, they are comfortable for a pair of tall heels, and they fit perfectly. The shoe definitely has enough width for wide feet and they aren't tight at all." —Alyssa Castillo
Get them from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 5–10 and 17 styles).
5. An *extra wide* lattice bootie because you should never have to struggle to get your boots on! These have a cushioned footbed, a generous 3.5" heel height, and plenty of width to accommodate your feet.
Promising review: "In my opinion, they’re perfect for the fall! The shoes are comfy and they have the right height to wear with bootcut jeans or skinny or any type of jeans!! Get them now before they run out!! I do recommend them either the size you are or a size up!!" —K4FAS4HION
Get them from Torrid for $45.90 (originally $75.90; available in extra wide sizes 7–13 and in colors bone and black).
6. Waterproof Columbia hiking boots to stay on top of your fashion game while you're on top of the mountain. Whether you're embarking on a difficult hike or doing some casual walking, these boots can do it all — and they come in wide sizes.
Promising review: "Finally! The perfect boot for my wide feet!! I ordered 8.5W and I have to say that from the moment I put these boots on, it’s been true love. They are very warm, keep your feet dry even in snow, and look amazing to boot. (See what I did there?) Seriously, though, for the price, these are a far better boot than some Danner boots I had from a couple of years back, and those cost a lot more. If you’re considering these boots or some other ones, go with these!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $79.95+ (available in sizes 5–12, including wide fits, and in 17 colors).
7. Waterproof Timberlands, which are wildly popular in the boot world for a reason. They're comfy, timeless, and super durable. Once you add these babies to your wardrobe rotation, you'll never be able to live without 'em.
Promising review: "I've been waiting for the wide width sizes to come back in stock after purchasing another Timberland boot in Regular width that hasn't been fitting good. I have wide feet and I like how the wide width size fits better." —Milli V.
Get them from Amazon for $124.62+ (available in sizes 5–11, including wide fits, and seven colors) or from Timberland for $170 (available in sizes 5–11, including wide fits, and eight colors). Note: not all colors are available in all sizes.
8. A pair of patent leather boots for looking *and* feeling good no matter how wide your footsies are. They have a side-zip closure, a square toe, a mid-block heel, and a wide fit!
Promising reviews: "Boot is super cute and definitely wide foot friendly, feel like I can wear these boots all day." —Asos Customer
"I’ve had them for two weeks and I’ve broken them in. They look great on my wide feet." —Asos Customer
9. Or Lucky Brand ankle boots with a slight heel you can wear all year long thanks to the relaxed opening and low ankle height. Your feet won't overheat and, let's be honest, who doesn't *love* a zip-up boot that comes in wide sizes?
Promising reviews: "I have wide feet and always have trouble finding shoes that fit well and are comfy. I’ve decided that spending extra money for comfort is worth it. These came in 9.5 W which is generally hard to find so that was a plus for me. In addition, they are leather so they give a little. They felt a bit tight when I first tried them on but they have stretched and now fit perfectly. I’ve worn them a number of times when I’ve had a lot do walking to do and they never hurt my feet. Well worth the money." —2xmommy2011
"After much searching, I found this bootie in a wide width. They were comfortable from the moment I put them on. Even though the toe is a little pointed, I don’t feel any pinching or binding across my toes. This bootie also accommodates my high arch and instep. There is a zipper on the inside and outside of the shoe that makes them very easy to get on and off. " —Janet T.
Get them from Amazon for $67.98+ (available in sizes 5–13, including wide fits, and dozens of styles).
10. An over-the-knee boot, which is somehow wonderfully chic *and* wide-foot friendly. Dreams do come true! These will be a match made in heaven with flowy dresses and mini skirts.
Promising reviews: "I ordered a wide black one and just loved it. It’s difficult to find high quality in wide width. Will be ordering in other colors!" — AnnFL
"Any wide calf girl knows that wide calf almost never means wide enough. These are perfect! Comfortable, not overly tight, and stays up! I’m so excited to wear these and will definitely buy from this designer again!"—ChicTeach
Get them from Anthropologie for $225 (available in sizes 6–11, including wide fits, and seven colors). Note: not all colors are available in all sizes.
11. Or this budget-friendly pair of suede boots to take your outfit to the next level with a sophisticated shoe choice. Wear 'em solo or throw on some thick leggings for extra warmth.
Note: Reviewers recommend sizing up for a wide fit!
Promising review: "Plus-size approved. I have NEVER found thigh-high boots that fit my muscular/thick thighs and calves. These fit COMFORTABLY!! They are beautiful and make me look and feel like an absolute DIVA! I also have wide feet so I went up a half size. These are now my favorite boots and I want you plus sized QUEENS to get these RIGHT NOW! Love uuuuu!" —Gina
12. An always-iconic (and comfy) pair of Dr. Martens combat boots when you want shoes that'll truly stand the test of time. You'll keep coming back to these classics for the foreseeable future!
Promising reviews: "I purchased these in black and the leather is of great quality. These boots are true to size I am a size 6.5 and purchased size 6. I read that these boots need to be broken into and I totally agree. The front of the boot, toe box, has sturdy leather. I have wide feet and fit snug. Love them!" —nanCA
"I love my new Khaki Green Docs! I ordered size 7… same as my other Docs.. and they fit perfectly. The leather is softer than traditional 1460 Docs… beautifully gorgeous! I have them in the gray too, and both colors are true to the photos. I recommend these!!"—CindyChavez
13. Everlane rain boots because what's worse than being caught in a rain shower in the wrong shoes? You'll *actually* jump for joy if you see puddles while you're wearing these.
Promising reviews: "I rarely write reviews, but these are worthy of a positive review. I have wide feet and was worried that I would never find a comfortable rain boot. Not so. I walked around the house with these before wearing them outside and have been wearing them all day now. They are surprisingly comfortable, with good traction and a snug fit. It took a little oomph to get them on, but now they fit so well. I’m truly impressed, Everlane!" —Mangohips
"The Rain Boot is fabulous!! Fit perfect! I have a bit of a wide foot and I still have room to wear socks. I ordered my normal size and they are so comfortable. No need to break in :)" —Tasha Z.
Get them from Everlane for $60 (originally $85; available in sizes 5–11 and six colors).
14. Or some quilted rain boots so the occasional gloomy day doesn't rain on your boot parade. These stand out from traditional rain boots thanks to the quilted *and* wide mid-calf design.
Promising review: "I love these boots! They are comfortable to wear and look great. My feet are wide and I tend to have trouble with boots because they rub on my toes, but these have plenty of room. I'm very pleased with the fit and totally impressed with the customer service from this company! I'm very happy with this purchase!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 5–9.5 and 13 colors).