Suicide: It’s a serious issue that no one likes to talk about, even though we need to. I’m not going to make you read all the facts about how suicide is one of the leading causes of death among teens. What I will tell you is that the new Netflix original series “13 Reasons Why” is what our society needs to start a conversation about this sensitive topic. And here are 13 reasons why.
1. It will start a conversation.
2. It shows the warning signs.
3. It shows how even your friends can hurt you.
4. It shows how family can contribute to the problem.
5. It shows that teachers and school administrators can lead to it.
6. It shows how schools can prevent it.
7. It shows what schools don’t need to do.
8. Let people heal naturally.
9. The show demonstrates how many people are affected by one person committing suicide.
10. The show points out that rape is another serious topic that doesn’t get talked about enough.
11. It teaches you to take responsibly for your actions.
12. It shows how to deal with pain.
13. It shows that people love you.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations.
Learn more or
post your buzz!