This wonderful, bitterly sarcastic artifact of a bygone New York City was put out by the City’s Council for Public Safety (police and firefighter unions, mostly).
As you can read, New York’s Finest and Bravest weren’t too thrilled with Mayor Abe Beame.
Put aside for a minute your fretting about finding a quiet little share in Park Slope, and try to imagine somebody getting stabbed to death, right in front of you, during daylight rush hour in Times Square.
Read more about the pamphlet at Gothamist.
2. GOOD LUCK.
3. REMAIN IN MANHATTAN.
4. “Try to avoid buildings that are not completely fireproof…”
- Ivanka Trump is moving from her informal role as first daughter to a formal job within the White House as the president's assistant.
- Lyft has started testing a shuttle service in San Francisco and Chicago.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year.