1. State Museum of Architecture in Moscow — “Discover The Full Story” — beautiful brilliant ads.
LEFT — Saint Basil’s Cathedral.
RIGHT — Bolshoi Theatre.
See a third ad in the campaign here.
And go here to see behind the scenes sketches of the making of the ads.
Ad agency: Saatchi & Saatchi, Moscow.
4. Great Cannes Lion-winning campaign for the São Paulo Museum of Art (MASP). Copy transcribed below.
“I saw the failure of a genius. I saw the final years of Vincent Van Gogh. I saw Frenchmen underestimating me. I saw a master die in poverty. I saw a remorseful Europe. I saw millionaires shouting my name at auctions. I saw a new home. I saw adults teaching, I saw children learn. I saw a young building become Brazil’s most visited museum. But, having seen all this, there’s one thing I haven’t seen yet: you. Come. I wish to see you.”
5. 2nd ad. Copy below.
“I saw a photographer before photography was invented. I saw Rembrandt. I saw his brush strokes shaping me. I saw the beginning of a new era. I saw Baroque, I saw Impressionism, I saw Realism. I saw Europe. I saw the world. I saw Brazil. I saw a museum flourish. I saw the dream of a man become the biggest museum in Latin America. But, after seeing all that, there’s one thing I haven’t seen yet: you. Come. I wish to see you.”
MORE GREAT MUSEUM ADS:
The brilliant billboards of Science World in Vancouver (13 ads)
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.