This is now my favorite quote.
Eat that shit sandwich, Confucius.
Published by Asbury & Asbury, this week-to-view diary is pure pessimism.
Details, via Creative Review:
• The diary itself is bookended by pages detailing Notable Deaths and ‘Onset of Night (sunset times)’ at the front, and empty space for lists of Imaginary Friends and ‘Notes Toward An Unnecessary Verse Drama,’ at the back.
• Each week has an accompanying proverb to fill you with inspiration, too. These range from the pithy “What doesn’t kill you makes you wish it had” and “No news is increasingly worrying” to the more philosophical, “Every cloud has a silver lining around its heavy grey mass of imminent rain.”
• The drab shading of the pages is no accident. As Nick Asbury confirmed by email, this is reflective “of a sense of encroaching doom (and not that he photographed them in a darkened room, on his own, at 2am).”
“There are many diaries out there designed to motivate and inspire, but there’s a certain value in a diary that grounds you and even brings you down,” says Asbury. “That in itself can be a kind of inspiration.”
The Disappointments Diary 2013 is available in a limited edition of 1,000 numbered copies from disappointmentsdiary.com, £10 (plus £1 postage in the UK). Orders will ship November 14.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎