The photo was released at the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday to keep building buzz for Nymphomaniac, director Lars Von Trier next film which debuts in Denmark on Christmas day.
As the Hollywood Reporter points out, the shot has been rendered to look like a religious Renaissance painting. Von Trier says that religion is a key theme in the film, which recounts the encounters of a sex addict (Gainsbourg).
Other notable scenes from the shot: Stellan Skarsgård getting a shoe to the crotch (back right); Willem Dafoe getting his crotch stain cleaned (middle of shot); Uma Thurman (middle left), her leg on a table, exposes herself for Udo Kier; Connie Nielsen (right) flashes a man holding two cherry-topped ice cream cones; and director Von Trier (back) is taking a digital photo of the escapades with a piece of tape over his mouth — probably a reference to his Nazi comments in Cannes two years ago which got him banned for life from the Festival.
4. A teaser poster for the film.
- The chairman of the National Governors Association said Trump has promised only criminals will deported and random spot checks won't be conducted.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝