1. Belvedere vodka.
The French hooch brand posted this knee-slapper of a rapey, forced blowjobby ad to their Facebook and Twitter pages, and then pulled it less than an hour later. First, They lamely half-apologized on Twitter. Then, the company brass got involved and issued a real apology and donated money to an anti-sexual violence organization.
2. Biomen shampoo
This is a real Turkish TV commercial.
“If you’re not wearing women’s clothes, you shouldn’t be using women’s shampoo either. Here it is. A real man’s shampoo. Biomen. Real men use Biomen.”
Tagline: Shampoo for your herr. (that’s a joke).
3. Multipass travel agency (Ukraine).
“See Asia like Asians do.
to read the text screw up you eyes.”
These posters were placed all over cities in Ukraine.
Just, a screwed up, racist campaign. See below.
4. Toshiba tablets.
In a year when the unchecked sexism of Tech companies was front page news, Toshiba Canada decided to introduce Lucy and her special LuLu window top to the world.
Sexism, sure. But the jokes were even worse.
Fine, the lifeguard is BOOM-ing the waitresses bOObs at the end of the spot. It is a Hooters commercial.
But making fun of fat, old ladies? I just threw up in my beak? Ha?
The spot was directed by Jody Hill (creator of “Eastbound and Down” and director/writer of “Observe & Report”).
UPDATE: video has been mostly scrubbed from the Internet by Hooters, proving how wrong awful the ad was.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳