1. Russian cities have started lining their roads with billboards heralding the event.
Translation: THIS…OUR VICTORY (thanks Marina).
That’s, of course, a photo-illustration of one of the most iconic moments of World War II — the raising of an American flag on Iwo Jima.
Three of the six GIs in the photo were later KIA in the battle with Japanese.
4. MISSING: one Moscow graphic designer.
- More than two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱