1. Russian cities have started lining their roads with billboards heralding the event.
Translation: THIS…OUR VICTORY (thanks Marina).
That’s, of course, a photo-illustration of one of the most iconic moments of World War II — the raising of an American flag on Iwo Jima.
Three of the six GIs in the photo were later KIA in the battle with Japanese.
4. MISSING: one Moscow graphic designer.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Apple has delayed shipping its new wireless Airpods headphones that were supposed to go out to iPhone 7 users this month. 🎧
- Donald Trump bashed Hillary Clinton for going to an Adele concert after critics slammed him for promoting his new hotel.