1. Russian cities have started lining their roads with billboards heralding the event.
Translation: THIS…OUR VICTORY (thanks Marina).
That’s, of course, a photo-illustration of one of the most iconic moments of World War II — the raising of an American flag on Iwo Jima.
Three of the six GIs in the photo were later KIA in the battle with Japanese.
4. MISSING: one Moscow graphic designer.
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- French prosecutors have identified the second suspect in the priest killing in Normandy as 19-year-old Abdel Malik Petitjean.
- The U.S. Justice Department backed Obama's transgender policies in court after Texas and other states sued to block the rules.