1. Iggy Pop for John Varvatos.
Way back in 2006, before he made the dick move of turning the old CBGB space into his boutique, Varvatos shot Mr Pop in Manhattan for a series of bus stop posters ads. Iggy was an inspired choice at the time, since he rarely if ever was shot with ANY clothing on above the waist.
Pop has gone on to do more fashion campaigns, but this was his first big one — and best.
3. This 2010 video for Diesel sneakers was so exponentially powerfully stupid, it worked.
8. This 10-year-old FCUK commercial was banned in the UK for that kiss at the end. A shame, because it kicked ass.
10. And the best fashion (well, fragrance) ad ever created: Egoiste by Chanel. Shot by Jean-Paul Goude.
MORE GOOD FASHION ADS:
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.