1. 1988 ad for Mickey’s Malt Liquor. And, yeah, let’s cut the model’s head off to make it even more misogynistic. (Plus we then don’t have to pay her a full modelling fee, yuck yuck.).
Here’s your Don Draper Sexist Bastard recap:
First, Don decided to go dominant-psycho on his mistress and neighbor, Sylvia Rosen (Linda Cardellini from Freaks and Geeks, JESUS, I’m fucking old). Thankfully, She was smart enough to see through his admittedly intoxicating machismo and realize what a powerless husk of man he really is.
Then, even though he should be thanking the ad gods that now-copy chief Peggy Olson is back under his roof, Don is even shittier to her than when she left. He apparently really is bent on destroying everything in his life.
Finally, the last and most disturbing scene: sitting on the bed with his wife who is distraught over the TV coverage of the assassination of Bobby Kennedy, Don is thinking about, not that, or comforting Megan, but his own pathetic, small world.
Draper seems to be really heading for the bottom of a Hellish pit. I hope so. That’s something I want to see, and something he deserves — not redemption. (It won’t happen, because the sponsors would freak.)
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸