1. 1988 ad for Mickey’s Malt Liquor. And, yeah, let’s cut the model’s head off to make it even more misogynistic. (Plus we then don’t have to pay her a full modelling fee, yuck yuck.).
Here’s your Don Draper Sexist Bastard recap:
First, Don decided to go dominant-psycho on his mistress and neighbor, Sylvia Rosen (Linda Cardellini from Freaks and Geeks, JESUS, I’m fucking old). Thankfully, She was smart enough to see through his admittedly intoxicating machismo and realize what a powerless husk of man he really is.
Then, even though he should be thanking the ad gods that now-copy chief Peggy Olson is back under his roof, Don is even shittier to her than when she left. He apparently really is bent on destroying everything in his life.
Finally, the last and most disturbing scene: sitting on the bed with his wife who is distraught over the TV coverage of the assassination of Bobby Kennedy, Don is thinking about, not that, or comforting Megan, but his own pathetic, small world.
Draper seems to be really heading for the bottom of a Hellish pit. I hope so. That’s something I want to see, and something he deserves — not redemption. (It won’t happen, because the sponsors would freak.)
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.