The impressive installation was set-up today, June 22nd, on Copacabana Beach by the NGO Rio de Paz. From their website:
“We are a group of citizens from all segments of society interested in the defense of human rights in our country. We have no political connections or connection with a public institution and our biggest concern is public safety.”
Brazil is currently prepping to host the 2014 World Cup next summer.
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people continue to take to the city streets daily to protest government corruption.
Here’s a video report on the installation.
3. Soccer balls, laid out like a graveyard.
4. The sign was Photoshop translated to English by the organization for publicity purposes.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.