The impressive installation was set-up today, June 22nd, on Copacabana Beach by the NGO Rio de Paz. From their website:
“We are a group of citizens from all segments of society interested in the defense of human rights in our country. We have no political connections or connection with a public institution and our biggest concern is public safety.”
Brazil is currently prepping to host the 2014 World Cup next summer.
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people continue to take to the city streets daily to protest government corruption.
Here’s a video report on the installation.
3. Soccer balls, laid out like a graveyard.
4. The sign was Photoshop translated to English by the organization for publicity purposes.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘