The impressive installation was set-up today, June 22nd, on Copacabana Beach by the NGO Rio de Paz. From their website:
“We are a group of citizens from all segments of society interested in the defense of human rights in our country. We have no political connections or connection with a public institution and our biggest concern is public safety.”
Brazil is currently prepping to host the 2014 World Cup next summer.
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people continue to take to the city streets daily to protest government corruption.
Here’s a video report on the installation.
3. Soccer balls, laid out like a graveyard.
4. The sign was Photoshop translated to English by the organization for publicity purposes.
- The White House continued to defend rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized recreational use.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at the Coachella festival, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while she's pregnant 🐝😭
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case of two teens found dead in the woods: a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."